CSU CSU Dentistry: Accomodation Discussion

dentally

Hi,
Planning to study dentistry at Orange in 2017. Wondering if someone can give me some information about the kinds of accommodation available. I understand there are four different ones; cottage, traditional, Spring Creek, and Narrambla. I would like to have ensuite included, so I think I have to go with Narrambla, or Spring Creek. I know personal choice is a factor, but wondering about pros and cons of each please.
Also, I am a bit confused about catering options at Orange. What's the difference between Cheers 3 and Cheers 5? Is this a factor, when choosing accommodation? Any other options, other that Cheers 3 or Cheers 5?
Please help!

cc101

cottage and traditional don't have ensuites included. however they are least expensive. cheers 3 means 3 meals included and cheers 5 means 5 meals included per week. are u international student? did u visit all the accomodations when you went for interview?

dentally

I am international student, and did Skype interview, so didn't get to see residences. Is Narrambla walking distance to dental school? How do you compare Narrambla to Spring Creek?

cc101

all residences are walking distance. just opposite dental school - 2-3 minutes walk. call student central and they will give you all the info. small town and very friendly. go to csu website and you can see the photos of all the residences. which country are you from?

Omm

BDSc BSc(HONS) PGradDip Ortho (UK)
(CSU BDSIV)
All residences are within about 50m of each other. It's about a 200m walk to the Dentistry building. 100m walk to the cafeteria where the meal plans work.

The food isn't amazing on campus, so if you have an ounce of motivation/cooking ability then just stick to the cheers 3.

Also go with narambala if you want an ensuite room. Every room has an ensuite in narambala whereas spring creek only a couple of rooms have them (so you're not guaranteed to get them). Also, a lot of Dentistry people like in narambala (it's good to network for getting info/notes etc). The dorms are also usually much more quiet.

Orange is OK and there is quite a lot of internationals now from Canada :)

dentally

Hello,
Does Orange campus offer "Flexi points"? If so, is it a good idea to get them?
Is there grocery store close to dental school? How do students manage in term of meals etc.?

cc101

Hello,
Does Orange campus offer "Flexi points"? If so, is it a good idea to get them?
Is there grocery store close to dental school? How do students manage in term of meals etc.?
i order my groceries online. it gets delivered. 1st year students have to take flexi point option - cheers 3 at least. Grocery store is approx. 3 km away

dentally

Hi
For first year students, is school closed for break from Nov 1 2017 until Feb 2018??
When do classes resume after November?
School calendar is a little confusing!

Omm

BDSc BSc(HONS) PGradDip Ortho (UK)
You will be emailed with your exact start date later (Jan/Feb time). The timetable will only become available a couple of weeks before commencing. Higher years start as early as the beginning of January - this does not apply to first years.