Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

CSU CSU Dentistry: Q&A and General Discussion

A1

Rookie Doc
Between has anyone tried asking CSU if the course has any vacancy left? Can we actually do that?
If the school holds a separate interview round for interstate they have some vacancies intended for these. Otherwise the usual answer is No.

Unless the school overoffered, there are usually a number of declines from the first offer round. Some schools save them up then release in the next offer round. Some schools offer them out as top ups progressively.

mywish

If the school holds a separate interview round for interstate they have some vacancies intended for these. Otherwise the usual answer is No.

Unless the school overoffered, there are usually a number of declines from the first offer round. Some schools save them up then release in the next offer round. Some schools offer them out as top ups progressively.
Thanks for the info!

Has anyone got any topup offer from CSU in today's offer round?

mywish

Unfortunately not. I wonder if we can call up to enquire where we are in line. That’s if people are even pulling out. Probably unlikely but never know.
Can we actually do that? who would you have to call? UAC? I called csu two weeks ago and the team had no information, no clue, absolutely nothing.

Someone earlier mentioned in this forum that they received the topup at around mid/late February, so I assume CSU would again give out top ups in the next/last round? Maybe....donno 🤔🤔🤔

c3333

Can we actually do that? who would you have to call? UAC? I called csu two weeks ago and the team had no information, no clue, absolutely nothing.
I’m not 100% sure. I know they can’t give feedback on our individual performance but not sure if they can tell us where we stand. I know at other uni’s they can tell people their place in line. Not 100% sure about CSU’s guidelines for this. Doesn’t mention it anywhere that I could see. If we could, I assume it would be with CSU admissions not UAC but what you experienced goes against that.

Someone earlier mentioned in this forum that they received the topup at around mid/late February, so I assume CSU would again give out top ups in the next/last round? Maybe....donno 🤔🤔🤔
I think offers for all spots will have been made already. I think only new offers will be made if people already in pull out. Once again, not 100% about this

hazell

Valued Member
Congrats! Did you accept it!!
Thank you!! No I didn’t, I already enrolled in another course

Thanks for your prompt reply! I am waiting for topup offers today, but seems like I didn't get a place this time
Ahh give it a few more days, they’ve been making calls this week giving top up offers. You can also try calling the uni and asking about your position on the waiting list

emdentch

Ahh give it a few more days, they’ve been making calls this week giving top up offers. You can also try calling the uni and asking about your position on the waiting list
Thanks Yeah I have called the uni, obviously they cannot tell me what's my selection rank. well.. as the offers were sent out this morning, the chance I can get a place is very low though. good luck with your study👍🏻👍🏻

Last edited:

emdentch

Hey guys :) hope you guys are doing well. I had a chat with an admission team on Friday, she said next round offer is 4th of March. I do not understand as the semester starts on the 1st of March :( BTW, I am wondering we all got the same interview questions. I got all the Indigenous health-related questions, and as not an Indigenous it was super tricky to answer any of them -_- are you the same? My friend who currently studies BDSc did not get any of these questions. he got like how to deal with your stress etc

thank you!

JL538

Monash University - BMedSc/MD I
Hey guys :) hope you guys are doing well. I had a chat with an admission team on Friday, she said next round offer is 4th of March. I do not understand as the semester starts on the 1st of March :( BTW, I am wondering we all got the same interview questions. I got all the Indigenous health-related questions, and as not an Indigenous it was super tricky to answer any of them -_- are you the same? My friend who currently studies BDSc did not get any of these questions. he got like how to deal with your stress etc

thank you!
Are u a non-standard/uni or high school leaver applicant (idk if this makes a difference)? I think the common consensus was that they asked differing general questions (4 of them) and then 1 final question that everyone was given about an indigenous quote, if that's what you are referring to?

Last edited:

emdentch

Are u a non-standard/uni or high school leaver applicant? I think the common consensus was that they asked differing general questions (4 of them) and then 1 final question that everyone was given about an indigenous quote, if that's what you are referring to?
hey thanks for your reply

I`m a non-standard applicant, I only got 5 indigenous questions. :( there was no general question at all
one question I can remember was that compare rural dent vs urban dent as well as compare indigenous patients vs non-indigenous patients

JL538

Monash University - BMedSc/MD I
hey thanks for your reply

I`m a non-standard applicant, I only got 5 indigenous questions. :( there was no general question at all
one question I can remember was that compare rural dent vs urban dent as well as compare indigenous patients vs non-indigenous patients
Have a look here at Crow post: CSU - CSU Dentistry: Interview Prep for this (last?) years questions

I think the rural vs urban dent would qualify as a "general" question but that indigenous vs non-indigenous one definitely seems tough!

Best of luck to you on the 4th :)

Last edited:

thank you!
Do you know if this implies that there are still spots available? I have checked the FB page for CSU Dent class of 2025, and they only have 25 people in it (excluding the 5 admins). I know that some people may not have joined the group/have FB but if we're going by these numbers it indicates that there are still a significant amount of places left to fill. Surely they would try and fill any spots up via individual top ups rather than another offer round right when the course is starting right?