Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

CSU CSU Dentistry: Q&A and General Discussion

mywish

Do you know if this implies that there are still spots available? I have checked the FB page for CSU Dent class of 2025, and they only have 25 people in it (excluding the 5 admins). I know that some people may not have joined the group/have FB but if we're going by these numbers it indicates that there are still a significant amount of places left to fill. Surely they would try and fill any spots up via individual top ups rather than another offer round right when the course is starting right?
Seriously there is no information given out by CSU to figure out if there is any vacancy left in the BDS course. The CSU student central reps are hopeless and there is also no way to get to the admissions team. I am a current CSU student and I still find it really difficult to get any proper information regarding any matter. I have called several times, and got no information. I hope what you are saying about the FB group number is correct and hopefully there are places to be filled. But a member reported a phone call offer recently, I think it was Hazell, so I guess CSU did send out their top-up offers outside of the UAC offer round. Lets hope we all will get a phone call...😌😌😌😌😌😌😌

emdentch

Do you know if this implies that there are still spots available? I have checked the FB page for CSU Dent class of 2025, and they only have 25 people in it (excluding the 5 admins). I know that some people may not have joined the group/have FB but if we're going by these numbers it indicates that there are still a significant amount of places left to fill. Surely they would try and fill any spots up via individual top ups rather than another offer round right when the course is starting right?
From what I have been told from an admission team that the final round offer is 4th of March but then it is not just for Dental Science. I am not too sure they will make individual top-ups. by the looking at what ppl wrote in this forum, it sounds they are making it. I do not think there are many places left though as the course is for 40 domestic, 10 international, a total of 50. If there are 30 people(inc admins) there are only 20 left, but considering how many of them have not joined a group and waiting for other offers but eventually, take their CSU offers.......can you share what interview questions did you get? I still think that I got the weirdest questions :(

shabang

From what I have been told from an admission team that the final round offer is 4th of March but then it is not just for Dental Science. I am not too sure they will make individual top-ups. by the looking at what ppl wrote in this forum, it sounds they are making it. I do not think there are many places left though as the course is for 40 domestic, 10 international, a total of 50. If there are 30 people(inc admins) there are only 20 left, but considering how many of them have not joined a group and waiting for other offers but eventually, take their CSU offers.......can you share what interview questions did you get? I still think that I got the weirdest questions :(
My questions were all rural focused and were difficult to answer considering I’m not a rural applicant. What about you?

mywish

Mine were rural focused too. But I also had questions on team work and plagiarism. Are you all rural candidates?

c3333

Seriously there is no information given out by CSU to figure out if there is any vacancy left in the BDS course. The CSU student central reps are hopeless and there is also no way to get to the admissions team. I am a current CSU student and I still find it really difficult to get any proper information regarding any matter. I have called several times, and got no information. I hope what you are saying about the FB group number is correct and hopefully there are places to be filled. But a member reported a phone call offer recently, I think it was Hazell, so I guess CSU did send out their top-up offers outside of the UAC offer round. Lets hope we all will get a phone call...😌😌😌😌😌😌😌
What I think may be happening is that the only people pulling out are school leavers as they receiving offers for else where which were higher on their list. Therefore us CSU students aren’t eligible for these spots and they’re only offered to other school leavers. It’s much less likely for CSU students to pull out id say, hence why we aren’t getting any more offers.

emdentch

Mine were rural focused too. But I also had questions on team work and plagiarism. Are you all rural candidates?
I did not have any teamwork or plagiarism questions.. non-rural applicant
What I think may be happening is that the only people pulling out are school leavers as they receiving offers for else where which were higher on their list. Therefore us CSU students aren’t eligible for these spots and they’re only offered to other school leavers. It’s much less likely for CSU students to pull out id say, hence why we aren’t getting any more offers.
Can I please ask why you think that school levellers are higher on their list?

c3333

Can I please ask why you think that school levellers are higher on their list?
They’re not higher but there’s spots assigned to school leavers and then a different allocation of spots to uni students and they can’t cross over. Uni student can’t take a high school leavers spot and vice versa. Someone not too long ago sent a link with the number of spots per different allocation.

JL538

Monash University - BMedSc/MD I
They’re not higher but there’s spots assigned to school leavers and then a different allocation of spots to uni students and they can’t cross over. Uni student can’t take a high school leavers spot and vice versa. Someone not too long ago sent a link with the number of spots per different allocation.

21 HS leaver, 17 uni/non-standard, 7 international

dotwingz

Google Enthusiast
But that doesn’t mean that they are sub quotas. I didn’t think CSU did specific amounts for the each applicant group.

JL538

Monash University - BMedSc/MD I
I second that! I watched an online webinar from CSU for med and in that talk, they mentioned that school leavers and non-standard students are treated the same for Med and dentistry.
Um yeah so, based off this:

The 21 are just normal applicants while the 17 are rural/indigenous applicants. Although I do not know why the 21 (if they include uni applicants) are under ATAR and additional criteria when it should be GPA?

Last edited:

Caffeine

Hi , I just received an offer for CSU which I declined. They are still calling people, so don't lose hope yet. Best of luck & I hope someone can get a nice surprise. Also if you do get a missed call, make sure to call them back as soon as possible. I had already decided prior to getting the call but they told me I had around 30minutes to make a decision. They also said formal offers won't be sent to those people until they confirm via call/msg so you might not see something on UAC yet.

Last edited:

mywish

Hi , I just received an offer for CSU which I declined . They are still calling people , so don't lose hope yet. Best of luck & I hope someone can get a nice surprise. Also if you do get a missed call , make sure to call them back as soon as possible. I had already decided prior to getting the call but they told I had around 30minutes to make a decision. They also said formal offers won't be sent to those people until they confirm via call/msg so you might not see something on UAC yet .
Thanks a lot, you are being so helpful. What was your GPA/ATAR and UCAT score, if you don't mind sharing?

Caffeine

That is awesome. Are u thinking to switch over from med to dentistry?
Kind of I'm not really liking my university or the course right now so I wanted to see how I would go if I applied for Dentistry. I also applied to other medical schools. I was hoping to get an offer from UQ dentistry as it's in my home state but unfortunately I was unable to get one this year. I think I will try med for one more year & see how that goes as I feel kind of bad about leaving it right now. If it doesn't work out I plan to go to Adelaide right now or maybe try for UQ again.

Last edited:

shabang

Hi , I just received an offer for CSU which I declined . They are still calling people , so don't lose hope yet. Best of luck & I hope someone can get a nice surprise. Also if you do get a missed call , make sure to call them back as soon as possible. I had already decided prior to getting the call but they told I had around 30minutes to make a decision. They also said formal offers won't be sent to those people until they confirm via call/msg so you might not see something on UAC yet .
Thank you for sharing this with us!! Good luck with your future endeavours :)

c3333

Kind of I'm not really liking my university or the course right now so I wanted to see how I would go if I applied for Dentistry. I also applied to other medical schools. I was hoping to get an offer from UQ dentistry as it's in my home state but unfortunately I was unable to get one this year. I think I will try med for one more year & see how that goes as I feel kind of bad about leaving it right now. If it doesn't work out I plan to go to Adelaide right now or maybe try for UQ again .
Hey thanks for all the info! Was just wondering if you are a rural applicant? Best of luck getting a late round UQ offer!