Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

CSU CSU Require UMAT?

Victini

I have just been reading around and most people are saying UMAT are not required, however their website says you need UMAT. Did they recently only just change their requirements to include UMAT?

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
It only included UMAT as a requirement this year! :)

It only included UMAT as a requirement this year! :)

Do you think that they might have a umat requirement in the 90's , mid 90's , based on the fact that they're only offering 100 interviews, whilst adelaide apparently offers 3-4 times as much?

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Do you think that they might have a umat requirement in the 90's , mid 90's , based on the fact that they're only offering 100 interviews, whilst adelaide apparently offers 3-4 times as much?
What was your Umat? I'm not really sure tho since it's the first year they've introduced Umat it's a bit hard to tell as I do not know what their pool of applicants are like :/ but perhaps they may have less applicants than Adelaide (?)

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Given their location (outside a major capital city) and the number of places they currently have there, it's not surprising that fewer people would apply to CSU than Adelaide for dentistry.

What was your Umat? I'm not really sure tho since it's the first year they've introduced Umat it's a bit hard to tell as I do not know what their pool of applicants are like :/ but perhaps they may have less applicants than Adelaide (?)

88 overall, which should he sufficient for Adelaide interview, but not sure about csu as they only offer 100 interviews, could end up like LA trobe with 99ish umat

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
88 overall, which should he sufficient for Adelaide interview, but not sure about csu as they only offer 100 interviews, could end up like LA trobe with 99ish umat
La Trobe uses Umat for school leavers? Thought it's just atar?

ed88

did your 88 umat get you an interview for CSU? only asking as i got 87 and was wondering what the cutoff was, thanks!

Can confirm that got a last minute interview via call with 88th %ile. Not sure if I'm going to attend it. What pros do have you guys came up with regarding living in orange? I still have a couple of days to make up my mind. As of now, I don't think I'm passionate enough about dentist to move there.