Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

CSU Roll Call for 2013 Entry

frootloop

Doctor
To all those who have recieved an email but no uac offer, it was another admin error (part of the last one they made)
Oh wow, that's rough. CSU have really dropped the ball with offers this year, I'm afraid...

C2H6

To all those who have recieved an email but no uac offer, it was another admin error (part of the last one they made)

Is that what Judy said? Because she informed me by phone that if it wasn't your first preference you wont receive your offer officially from UAC until the 4th of January but the email was your confirmation of a place..

Last edited:

Articuno

You must have got the official email, but i was talking about the one emailed from csu about a student username and login which said congrats on the offer. That one is an admin error and was sent at about 3:23 am or something like that

the cat

Is that what Judy said? Because she informed me by phone that if it wasn't your first preference you wont receive your offer officially from UAC until the 4th of January but the email was your confirmation of a place..

Hey there! Did you get an email from J.Stone with 2 pdf attachments i.e. one from Prof. Wilson congratulating, and the other regarding Information re Immunisation, National Police Check & First Aid requirements as well?

mighty

If you haven't already PM'd or written on my wall, go ahead and do so so that I can add you to the fb group. Woop! :)

C2H6

Hey there! Did you get an email from J.Stone with 2 pdf attachments i.e. one from Prof. Wilson congratulating, and the other regarding Information re Immunisation, National Police Check & First Aid requirements as well?

Hey,

No just a phone call and then she sent me an email saying that my place is confirmed and i can accept on the 4th of January....so i cant really do anything until then. So i would say i get that when i officially accept in Jan.

Hebejebe

yeah reeejjjeeecccttteeeeeddddd. and yes, let me know what they say if you ask for feedback! do you think its worth reapplying next year? but doing something sciency at uni, and something dentistry related, or lots more work experience? or if you suck you suck, and just move on?

Articuno

Got rejection email too, sucks how they sent out a false congratulating email first only to be followed by a rejection letter. Kind of says a lot about CSU.

Omm

BDSc BSc(HONS) PGradDip Ortho (UK)
yeah reeejjjeeecccttteeeeeddddd. and yes, let me know what they say if you ask for feedback! do you think its worth reapplying next year? but doing something sciency at uni, and something dentistry related, or lots more work experience? or if you suck you suck, and just move on?

I was rejected first time round, did adv med science and reapplied. Whatever you do make sure you make the most of it. High GPA and more work experience will strengthen your application. Maybe look into some interview training as well. I got it from 2 different people and it helped a lot.

Got rejection email too, sucks how they sent out a false congratulating email first only to be followed by a rejection letter. Kind of says a lot about CSU.

Not so much about CSU but the admin system at CSU, my sisters have experienced the crappiness of the admin. It does suck though very much from your point, if you want it bad enough don't give up!

Hebejebe

I was rejected first time round, did adv med science and reapplied. Whatever you do make sure you make the most of it. High GPA and more work experience will strengthen your application. Maybe look into some interview training as well. I got it from 2 different people and it helped a lot.

yeah, i want it so much you dont even know.. its kind of a shit feeling tho, since they didnt even need to wait to get my atar before they said no? do you think i should do biomedical science, or a science and teaching degree? because if im never a dentist all i want to be is a science teacher. but will biomed look better than science teaching for next years dentistry application?

also guys, if you get a rejection letter, does that mean they def cant give you an offer later? i know this would never ever happen, but what if a tonne of people declined their offers? would they give offers to people they previously declined to make up the class of 40?

Last edited by a moderator:

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
Always a possibility, but as you said, small chance.

Articuno

It means a mistake was made? No one is going to honour a false offer.
Yeah but they made a mistake ages ago and now they sent out more 'false hope' congradulatory emails, it really is just wrong of whomever did the stuff up. Anyways you didnt get the orgional offer only to be rejected, so you cant show empathy for it i guess.

Damn! also got a rejection letter :'(
It says that you are free to reply... do u guys think for the letter part it would be acceptable to just send in the same sort of application letter with the same answers
or would I need to completely change my approach to their questions?
[MENTION=8558]Omm[/MENTION] what did u do