Dental Info!

Discussion in 'General Dentistry Discussion' started by Omm, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Omm

Omm CSU BDSc V

Long time member, part time poster... Coming on to show fellow dentists/dent students an app I've been working hard on all year to make your life easier studying and in the clinic!

Hey Dentists, Therapists, Hygienists, Assistants + students... I've worked hard to develop and publish an app on the App store called 'Dental Info'.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/dentalinfoapp/
    Web: www.dentalinfoapp.com

A bit about the app:
    [​IMG]

Have the latest consent, prescription, trauma guidelines and more at your finger tips! No flicking through pages or google searches with DentalInfo. Available on the App Store for FREE now.

A screen shot from the dental trauma section:
    [​IMG]

Hopefully this app helps, please leave feedback here and I will endeavour to address it in future additions.

DDest and Mana like this.
  2. Mana

Mana Resident Medical Officer (UNDS MBBS) Administrar

Junior Medical Officer
    While I'm not in the dental field myself, as long as this is consistent with best practice, I hope you get a good userbase!

3. Ruth

Ruth Maderator Moderator

Dentist (Otago 2016)
    This sounds really cool! Have you got plans to make it available for android?

DDest likes this.
  4. DDest

DDest UAdel BDS I

This definitely looks very promising! :yes:

+1!

5. Look@meimBellaG

Look@meimBellaG Member

Omm - It sounds like a great idea, but I was wondering especially for the 'risks' section would you be using referencing within the app?
    It might allow for more cross-checking of data and would be great for students doing assignments / improving their knowledge if they had a textbook or research paper to also quote from.

6. tomw84

tomw84 Regular Member

Decent reference if going by oral+dental therapeutic guidelines with an algorithmic approach, not all areas fully up to date, eg sedation (which should be correctly termed 'anxiolysis', sedation being another thing altogether clinically and medicolegally); ABs for perio

Great UI, quite intuitive and functional.

7. Omm

Omm CSU BDSc V

Thanks for the constructive feedback!

I plan on this in the future.

I plan on adding this :) Needed basic functionality to begin with. Generally speaking the trauma guidelines are based off the recent articles (2016) published in the ADJ.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with the anxiolysis point - I didn't think that deep into the definitions.

Thanks!