Dentistry Entry Discussion and Questions 2019

Discussion in 'Dentistry Entrance' started by ajs604, Nov 30, 2017.

1. askdjb

askdjb New Member

Hey Guys, I am a First Pharmacy Honours Student at QUT, I graduated high school in 2018 with an op 9, and im currently predicting a gpa of 6. Would I be able to switch in to dentistry at UQ, Griffith etc. as a first year or do I have to wait until I finish my pharmacy course?

2. Yamster

Yamster Dental Moderator DJ May

You can apply as a first year student but UQ requires a GPA of 6.5+ from a non-UQ university (or a 5.8 if you're studying at UQ) along with a competitive UCAT score. Griffith requires a GPA of about ~6.8 to be considered competitive.

You could perhaps try CSU or UAdel if your UCAT is high enough.

All the best with your academic goals, let us know if you have any other questions! :)

3. A1

A1 Admissions Speculator Moderator

UWA MD
    How competitive was your competitive UMAT score Yamster ? ;)

4. askdjb

askdjb New Member

Oh ok thanks, so are there any universities in Australia or universities in other nations whose grade point average entrance is between 5-6.5?

5. Yamster

Yamster Dental Moderator DJ May

I wish it were as competitive as yours!

Average entrance below a 6.0? Probably not but you could apply to UAdel/CSU with a 6.0 although you do need a pretty competitive UCAT as previously mentioned.

Not sure re: international entrance. Maybe it's competitive in some place such as Rhodesia or Somalia but your degree probably wouldn't be of any use if you didn't intend to live and practice there lol.