Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Dentistry Entry Discussion and Questions

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Hi everyone, will i still be eligible for JCU dentistry if i have 7 units. But have two units from advanced standing. So total 9 units.
I’d think yes, but definitely wouldn’t hurt to email the admissions team for official confirmation.

Hello Moderator, I was wondering if a mid-high 80% for UCAT is in the safe zone for UQ dent and Adelaide dent?

Should definitely be enough for Adelaide based on last year. Lowest UMAT percentile receiving an offer was around 83 I believe. But this was a drop in comparison to previous years where the minimum for an Adelaide dent interview was in the high 80%iles. Not sure about UQ since I didn't apply.

tooeasy

Should definitely be enough for Adelaide based on last year. Lowest UMAT percentile receiving an offer was around 83 I believe. But this was a drop in comparison to previous years where the minimum for an Adelaide dent interview was in the high 80%iles. Not sure about UQ since I didn't apply.

I see. Are you currently studying dent at Adelaide?

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
UQ dent has gone as high as 91%ile but has hovered around 85% in the past few years so it'd be borderline. Should be good for Adelaide, I think.

tooeasy

UQ dent has gone as high as 91%ile but has hovered around 85% in the past few years so it'd be borderline. Should be good for Adelaide, I think.

It's going to be a pain having to wait months till they give out offers..

I hope I receive offers from both

room1

Hey guys, just wondering which universities would I have a good shot at in Australia for Dentistry? I will probably have a 99.5 (Hopefully) ATAR or 98ish. My UCAT score was 2870, which using the calculator is sitting between 92 and 93 percentile. Thank you

wobblepong

JCU MBBS IV
Hey guys, just wondering which universities would I have a good shot at in Australia for Dentistry? I will probably have a 99.5 (Hopefully) ATAR or 98ish. My UCAT score was 2870, which using the calculator is sitting between 92 and 93 percentile. Thank you

I’d say you have a very good chance at interviews for a lot of dent schools, and a very high chance of getting directly into UQ Dentistry

AnaM

Does anyone know the number of positions that were available for Uadel dent in 2017 (for those wanting to begin the course in 2018)?

Does anyone know the number of positions that were available for Uadel dent in 2017 (for those wanting to begin the course in 2018)?

I believe it was the same as the number of positions available for those beginning Adelaide dent - 38 domestic places. Roughly 50% of places are domestic and the other half are for international students btw

I believe it was the same as the number of positions available for those beginning Adelaide dent - 38 domestic places. Roughly 50% of places are domestic and the other half are for international students btw

beginning Adelaide dent in 2019*

Nee

guys is this correct that CSU or LaTrobe students dont need to sit UCAT if they wanna apply to dentistry,any other uni as well?

Does any one know about la trobe dentistry cause ? It seems change the name to oral science ,is it still eligible for register dentistry ?

Kai2020

Hi, is a UCAT score of 2720 and predicted ATAR of 96-98 (hopefully higher if i put more work) possible for CSU dentistry?

room1

Anyone know why there was a sudden increase in UMAT percentiles (91 i think it was) required for UQ Dent last year? And is this likely to happen again?

Anyone know why there was a sudden increase in UMAT percentiles (91 i think it was) required for UQ Dent last year? And is this likely to happen again?
I called UQ admissions twice, and they couldn't tell me anything about what UCAT percentile is sorta the minimum for entry for dent. They said it was based on this year's applicant scores, and they have no historical data which would suggest what kind of scores they are expecting for entry.