Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Dentistry Entry Discussion and Questions

ucatsyd

Place offer is weighted 40% Interview, 40% marks, 20% UCAT I believe.
Ranking for offer is based on a combination of scores from these three components weighted as follows:
• Interview results: first ranking level
• UCAT Results: second ranking level
• Academic results: meets threshold and final ranking level

It says this on their 2020 brochure, does anybody know what this means?

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Would one of the admins be able to clarify this? Thank you :)
It’s taken directly from the Adelaide Dentistry admissions guide, so you aren’t going to get a more official source than that! We believe (despite the wording) that there is still some sort of weighting system applied I.e. interview weighted the most, followed by UCAT and then ATAR.

Why they use ambiguous wording, I am unsure.

ucatsyd

For LaTrobe Dent as a non-school leaver, are there interviews? or is it purely on UCAT + GPA? I'm sitting on a 97percentile and HD average right now, so hopefully it will be enough? Haven't found much information on the website :(

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
Nope, don't think there's any interviews. That score should be good enough to get you in - fingers crossed!

ganshenme

is it a big issue that I haven't had any dental work experience when I'm applying? Will CSU likely ask about this in the interview?

Torah

Hopefully! Btw I saw that you contacted CSU last year to ask when offers would be released. Do you remember what number that was or where'd you get the number from? I called them today on their general admissions contact number but I'm prettyyyy sure that the guy on the other end had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. After putting me on hold for about 10 minutes, he then said "interview offers will come out at the end of November" and he refused to budge when I said that the website said otherwise lol
How did you go? Any emails?

Cal

vibe
50 spots/150 interview, by the time you include drop outs and people choose other universities etc. you are pretty much left with a 50/50 chance of getting in. Not sure about topups.
There has historically been top ups, but idk when/if they will come. They might have just decided to not both with them

ganshenme

I just got an offer for Latrobe dentistry, im a non standard applicant who appliednfor their Aspire program a few months ago and got accepted.

however I'm still waiting for offers from several interstate unis. should I enroll at Latrobe first and then withdraw later if needed?

ucatsyd

I just got an offer for Latrobe dentistry, im a non standard applicant who appliednfor their Aspire program a few months ago and got accepted.

however I'm still waiting for offers from several interstate unis. should I enroll at Latrobe first and then withdraw later if needed?

Have La Trobe offers already come out? or is it just for those who applied for the aspire program?

Eleue

Have La Trobe offers already come out? or is it just for those who applied for the aspire program?
I have also received an offer for La Trobe dentistry today. Just for your reference, I am a non-standard and I did not apply through the Aspire program. My UCAT is in the 97th %ile.