Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

[Undergrad] EAS/SCATS/UES/SEAS General Discussion and Enquiries

Nonstandard983

UoN JMP II
MSOer of the Year 2021
UNSW told me that SCATS only applies bonus points to your uni results. Is this right? I was under the impression that it could also help with your ATAR if the disadvantage mainly affected you in high school
That is correct scats is special consideration for applicants with tertiary studies. EAS does help with ATAR but SCATS is exclusively for tertiary applicants.

That is correct scats is special consideration for applicants with tertiary studies. EAS does help with ATAR but SCATS is exclusively for tertiary applicants.
I'm aware of who is eligible to apply. My question was if it boosted ATAR or GPA because the person I contacted said it only boosts GPA - which seems wrong.

Caffeine

I'm aware of who is eligible to apply. My question was if it boosted ATAR or GPA because the person I contacted said it only boosts GPA - which seems wrong.
It only applies to tertiary study results, if you have combined score your tertiary results might be adjusted. Just a warning that being adjusted doesn't guarantee the selection rank changes. It will depend on the assessment of the impact

Nonstandard983

UoN JMP II
MSOer of the Year 2021
Which is what was implied, you don’t have to have an ATAR to be a tertiary applicant.

hence why I said that is correct lmao.

it is right that it just affects GPA it is a program for people who had have issues with tertiary study EAS is for ATAR results.

Last edited:
Which is what was implied, you don’t have to have an ATAR to be a tertiary applicant.

hence why I said that is correct lmao.

it is right that it just affects GPA it is a program for people who had have issues with tertiary study EAS is for ATAR results.
Hmm ok. Then it's weird how their website says you can apply if "your secondary and/or tertiary educational performance has been affected by long-term educational disadvantage".

Is there an EAS equivalent for uni students that accounts for disadvantage affecting your ATAR?

Nonstandard983

UoN JMP II
MSOer of the Year 2021
Hmm ok. Then it's weird how their website says you can apply if "your secondary and/or tertiary educational performance has been affected by long-term educational disadvantage".

Is there an EAS equivalent for uni students that accounts for disadvantage affecting your ATAR?
No I don’t think there is.

To be honest it doesn’t make sense that their would be, apart from the very specific situation I assume your in (trying to up your ATAR for UNSW med) most people who are applying to a university course with previous tertiary study will be using those grades as the basis of their application.

Unfortunately EAS is or was likely your only option. I’m not sure if you can apply for it restrospectively as I personally didn’t even finish school but if you can’t I think you will just have to apply with your GPA.

A1

Rookie Doc
Are you thinking that your ATAR+EAS would be better than your GPA+SCATS?

I'm asking because if your GPA+SCATS is good enough you don't need to worry about the ATAR side. UNSW no longer combine the two, they use "best of" so you can forget about ATAR.

Otoh if you're hoping ATAR+EAS would be better, I vaguely remember you can apply for EAS on your ATAR as well as SCATS on GPA, provided the EAS factors occurred during your Y12 not during first year uni.

damn

As far as I've experienced, if you've commenced tertiary studies, UNSW no longer considers you eligible for EAS adjustment. My EAS application was approved by UAC but UNSW didn't come up on the list of elligibilities. Upon digging into it, I discovered the above :( not really sure if there's any work-around for this

Nonstandard983

UoN JMP II
MSOer of the Year 2021
Yes this is what I was thinking. I should have worded that better

It really seems like there is 'gap' in their system if SCATS only helps with GPA
SCATS should only help GPA (this is what it was designed for) if EAS is unavailable to be applied if tertiary study has begun id say that would be their 'gap'.

skittle

Hi! Just wondering if as a NSW applicant I would be eligible for schemes like SEAS and EAS for UQ etc. given that I meet each state's respective criteria. I've uploaded the relevant documents, but I was unsure if admissions preference giving adjustment factors to local applicants over interstate applicants.

Lastly, is there anyway I can ascertain whether my EAS has been accepted or is eligible at certain institutions prior to ATAR release (e.g. emailing or calling up the institution)?

I apologise for asking so many questions and thanks in advance for the help! 😅

A1

Rookie Doc
Hi! Just wondering if as a NSW applicant I would be eligible for schemes like SEAS and EAS for UQ etc.
You should get an EAS boost to your ATAR rank to use in UQ Med's place offer formula (25%ATAR 25%UCAT 50%interview).

But not for JCU or Griffith Med/Dent as shown in the tab "Are there any courses that do not accept QTAC EAS?" > EAS Frequently Asked Questions - QTAC

d-efend

Lurker
Hi! hope everyone's been well. Does anyone know roughly when we will know if unsw has accepted our scats request?

Nonstandard983

UoN JMP II
MSOer of the Year 2021
Hi! hope everyone's been well. Does anyone know roughly when we will know if unsw has accepted our scats request?
They don’t “accept” or “reject” scats requests they just take the documentation plus statement into consideration you will have no idea how this impacts your application

Thank you! Do you think there is possibly an EAS pool/leniency with EAS this year for UNSW? One of my friends got an offer with a 98.45 atar and eas (financial disadvantage, FO1D), which i heard was a +1, but I didn't get an offer with a 99.45 atar and we both had high enough ucat.

Nonstandard983

UoN JMP II
MSOer of the Year 2021
Thank you! Do you think there is possibly an EAS pool/leniency with EAS this year for UNSW? One of my friends got an offer with a 98.45 atar and eas (financial disadvantage, FO1D), which i heard was a +1, but I didn't get an offer with a 99.45 atar and we both had high enough ucat.
I’m confused by what exactly you mean UCAT ATAR and Interview scores are all weighted at 33% each we hypothesise so just becayse your friend got the same selection rank after EAS he or she may have had a higher UCAT or interview score making them more competitive than you for an offer

Nonstandard983

UoN JMP II
MSOer of the Year 2021
Sorry i should have been clearer, i meant for the interviews. I had a higher UCAT then her too
It depends on her type of EAS there is an EAS pool but not all types of EAS Qualify for it furthermore UNSW doesn’t make it publically available which sorts of EAS qualify for this