Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Embryology

scarah

I dislocated my shoulder learning krebs cycle - something to do with the stuvac dance that went along with it - oopss

theillestill

Ludwig's Mangina
There's something to be appreciated though about embryology. Especially H&N embryology.

It's so pure.

Unlike the rest of the subjects I've done so far.

woozy

In general: the three primary structures have come up in the past (ecto, endo, meso), also egg sack, wks/stages, bastocyst, etc from memory typically in MCQ perhaps around 3-6 questions in total. Good luck

Nimbus2000

Does anyone know of any great embryology resources? Aside from textbooks? There's plenty of recommendations for textbooks on mso, but I haven't found any that are online :( I googled it and found a couple, but you know, they're all fairly ok. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know! :)

Sam

¿umm?
Does anyone know of any great embryology resources? Aside from textbooks? There's plenty of recommendations for textbooks on mso, but I haven't found any that are online :( I googled it and found a couple, but you know, they're all fairly ok. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know! :)

Have a baby

Daisy 6

Somebody gave me an old edition of Moore's "Clinically Oriented Embryology" which I found useful, however I stand by my belief that of all the material covered this semester, embryology is quite low on the cramming priorities list.

JeremiahGreenspoon

Somebody gave me an old edition of Moore's "Clinically Oriented Embryology" which I found useful, however I stand by my belief that of all the material covered this semester, embryology is quite low on the cramming priorities list.

Totally sympathise, however...

Matt (embryology lecturer) at the start of this year, referring to first year sem 2 final paper:
"Thanks everyone for making my marking job so easy. 80% of you left it completely blank!"

Unfortunately the two embryology questions were worth 10% of the whole paper.
First sem wasn't so brutal, I think the questions were more MCQ than SAQ

Riproot

-^(-.-)^-
babe, there were textbooks in the lab whilst we were doing the prac.
I wrote stuff down from that and too a pic of a good page.
I recommend you do the same. :p

Daisy 6

Totally sympathise, however...

Matt (embryology lecturer) at the start of this year, referring to first year sem 2 final paper:
"Thanks everyone for making my marking job so easy. 80% of you left it completely blank!"

Unfortunately the two embryology questions were worth 10% of the whole paper.
First sem wasn't so brutal, I think the questions were more MCQ than SAQ

Dammit, guess I also need to try and actually work out what's going on with this Intro to Statistics business also...
I still say that I can de-prioritize Imaging lectures, however ;)

How are you finding second year, [MENTION=7338]JeremiahGreenspoon[/MENTION]?

JeremiahGreenspoon

Haha yeh from memory there was only 1 MCQ question on MRI isotopes or something last year. Totally random question.
Stats was prominent enough to be worth studying, maybe a few SAQs in there.

2nd year is great, you'll see in 2nd sem this year what med is more about. First sem is really disjointed, lots of random facts that don't seem to have a lot of clinical context, but once you get into proper systems it's really interesting. This sem 2nd year has been pretty full on, but a lot of that is the fact that we have anatomy just about every week, and probably a few more lectures each week which together cut your free time down a bit.

Gah anatomy, it's endless!

Nimbus2000

babe, there were textbooks in the lab whilst we were doing the prac.
I wrote stuff down from that and too a pic of a good page.
I recommend you do the same. :p

LOLS I did that too, I was just hoping there might be some kind of video or something, something that helps me visual it in 3D, because virtually every textbook I see springs from a 2D image reflecting trilaminar stage to a 3D image reflecting neurolation (or however you spell it) :/ PASS definitely helped with that though, but I'm still hoping for some sort of video lols.

Dammit, guess I also need to try and actually work out what's going on with this Intro to Statistics business also...
I still say that I can de-prioritize Imaging lectures, however ;)

How are you finding second year, @JeremiahGreenspoon ?

Thank god I'm not the only one. :L