English requirement for year12 international students

hr0184

Lurker
I'm an international student sitting HSC this year and hoping to study medicine at Western Sydney or UNSW in 2021.
I have contacted the UWS and UNSW international admissions centre regarding English requirements last year and they said I didn't need to take IELTS
because I can satisfy them through my HSC studies (I'm doing EAL/D) +I've been here for 3 years

But, in the Western Sydney website
(https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/__...910_English_Language_Entry_Table_2019_v03.pdf) - updated 2018
"Prior studies in English WITHIN Australia" is not equivalent to IELTS 7.0 which is actually required for medicine course.
Also I've heard from someone I might get a "conditional" offer because I don't have the English test scores.

I wonder if I can still apply through UAC without IELTS score on September because I don't think I can sit English test during my HSC studies

A1

Admissions Speculator
"Prior studies in English WITHIN Australia" is not equivalent to IELTS 7.0 which is actually required for medicine course.

I could not find this^ in the document you linked but this clause near the top should be clear :

NOTE: You do not have to provide proof of proficiency in English .... if you were not born in one of the listed countries BUT you have completed senior secondary study in one of these countries AND the language in which you undertook this qualification was English.