Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Griffith Dentistry: Enrolment and Blackboard

jc0517

hey guys,

I’ve enrolled in trimester 1 already and it shows that I have been enrolled on mygriffith, but when I go on blackboard, it says I am not enrolled in any subjects yet. Is it because there’s still a month to go till the classes start? Or could something have gone wrong?

Last edited:

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Does it say you are not enrolled, or does it show your subjects but doesn't let you select them to view the specific course blackboard? If the latter, this is because the course convenors are yet to set up their L@G for their course. This typically becomes accessible 1-2 weeks before the first week of teaching, depending on how organised the convenors are.

jc0517

Does it say you are not enrolled, or does it show your subjects but doesn't let you select them to view the specific course blackboard? If the latter, this is because the course convenors are yet to set up their L@G for their course. This typically becomes accessible 1-2 weeks before the first week of teaching, depending on how organised the convenors are.

Are the subjects meant to be shown under ‘course lists’?

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Are the subjects meant to be shown under ‘course lists’?
Yes, but if they aren't I wouldn't panic too much at this stage. If they still haven't shown up say during O week, maybe contact student services. Likely the IT department is yet to have everything set up for trimester 1 at this stage, particularly for newly enrolling students.

How do I find out what the census date for Dentistry is? As it says that although the date is in march for most courses, for some programs its different. Thanks in advance :))

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
How do I find out what the census date for Dentistry is? As it says that although the date is in march for most courses, for some programs its different. Thanks in advance :))
It will almost certainly be the same date - you will be enrolled in an undergraduate degree first. Generally if the census date was different it would be for masters level courses. You can always use AskUs (accessed through mygriffith) to be sure though.

Yeah this is normal, they won't allow you to access courses via L@G before a certain date (You haven't even had orientation week mate, relax) - Griffith Dent Student :)

sjj

Hi, for the enrolment process, do I just need to add the courses and create timetable? Is there anything else I need to do ? Thanks

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Hi, for the enrolment process, do I just need to add the courses and create timetable? Is there anything else I need to do ? Thanks
You need to press the submit enrolment button ;) But other than that, no.

Reactions: sjj

Dullah

Need some help enrolling, all the options seem to clash on the timetable? Some of them are already fully booked leaving no options besides clashing timetable?

sjj

Need some help enrolling, all the options seem to clash on the timetable? Some of them are already fully booked leaving no options besides clashing timetable?
Hi, if the clash are online lectures, you can have clash!

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Keep checking each day and spots in other class slots will open up as people change their timetables and cancel enrollments etc. In the meantime, just make sure you're enrolled in each of the courses that you need to undertake even if you have a clash. At worst you can later email the course convenor and see if they can make some arrangements for you to shift to another class.

As per the above - lectures are ok to clash. Not ideal, but even tutorials in ANP1 and CTR could clash because they'll be recorded and there will be many running throughout the week.

Labs/pracs - don't let them clash with anything else. You need to attend those (unless you're doing the online labs).