Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Exam period

lucky888

Hi
I am looking at Exam period in 2020. It will run from 8-26 Jun 2020.
Semester dates summary
According to your experience, is Exam for Med subject(s) toward the beginning or toward the end of period? The reason I asked I have a gig with my orchestra group sometime in June - July.

Can I organise for supplementary exam prior my departure ? What is the process to get this? Is it difficult , like you have to show compelling reason or something?

Thanks

Last edited:

pi

Junior doctor
Admodistrator
In my day, certainly towards the beginning. jelli would have a better grasp on it though.

If I don't come for exam, can I organise for supplementary exam prior my departure ? What is the process to get this? Is it difficult , like you have to show compelling reason or something?
I doubt this reason would be accepted to sit an early exam.

jelli

Hi
Semester dates summary
According to your experience, is Exam for Med subject(s) toward the beginning or toward the end of period? The reason I asked I have a gig with my orchestra group for Europe Tour, which will take place on 20 Jun - 11 July 2020.

If I don't come for exam, can I organise for supplementary exam prior my departure ? What is the process to get this? Is it difficult , like you have to show compelling reason or something?

Thanks
Both of my exams were in the first few days of exam period (Tuesday and Monday I think, plus a clinical exam on the Wednesday). I would contact the faculty at the beginning of semester to be sure :)

Icanttypeasd

Monash BMedSci & MD
Hi
Semester dates summary
According to your experience, is Exam for Med subject(s) toward the beginning or toward the end of period? The reason I asked I have a gig with my orchestra group sometime in June - July.

Can I organise for supplementary exam prior my departure ? What is the process to get this? Is it difficult , like you have to show compelling reason or something?

Thanks
Kind of off topic but I recommend joining Monash Medical Orchestra! They go on tours and regularly perform!

Also, will you be in 2nd year in 2022? There is a mid year exam ( compulsory) and a practise OSCE session ( recommended but not compulsory) that occurs later.