Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

February 2012 Bris/QLD Meetup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mighty

I would just like to start this thread by saying that yes, I am a meet-up sl*t. Now that that's out of the way... I'm in Brissy from Fri 3rd - Sunday 5th and was thinking it would be nice to meet up with some people. :)

I'm thinking of theme parking (Dream World) on Saturday the 4th, possibly some ice-skating on the Fri or Sun, or whatever else people can suggest. For the theme-park, maybe catch a bus/train from somewhere in Brissy to and from Dream World.

Open invite, hope you can come. I promise Sydney people don't smell (much) (like awesome). :p

Matt

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Yeah, tentative yes. What about Wet'n'wild?

mighty

Okay so, I should start looking into this before I leave and have limited internet access. Had a look at weather forecast, seems like tops of 30 degrees in Bris and 27 on GC that Saturday, mostly sunny - hopefully this will hold out. Wet n wild/White water world seems like a good idea given the temp, although I'm leaning towards wet n wild because... I'm a cheap arse (I can't use the "I've never been there before" excuse because, well, I haven't been to either of them). :p

Of course, we can always leave the actual theme park selection until the day when we see what the weather is like, but I'm an organisational freak and I also have to decide whether I should buy swimmers or not.

Ideas on where to meet/how to get there etc. would be good because I'll have absolutely no idea how to get myself around Brissy (I get lost in Sydney, I stand no chance in Bris).

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Okay so, I should start looking into this before I leave and have limited internet access. Had a look at weather forecast, seems like tops of 30 degrees in Bris and 27 on GC that Saturday, mostly sunny - hopefully this will hold out. Wet n wild/White water world seems like a good idea given the temp, although I'm leaning towards wet n wild because... I'm a cheap arse (I can't use the "I've never been there before" excuse because, well, I haven't been to either of them). :p

Of course, we can always leave the actual theme park selection until the day when we see what the weather is like, but I'm an organisational freak and I also have to decide whether I should buy swimmers or not.

Ideas on where to meet/how to get there etc. would be good because I'll have absolutely no idea how to get myself around Brissy (I get lost in Sydney, I stand no chance in Bris).

So Wet'n'Wild it is? The best way to get there will be to catch a train from central and stop at Helensvale than catch the TX5 bus express to Wet'n' Wild. If I know how many people are actually going, I could probably give two more people a lift, I'll have to talk to dad etc about it. But if were going as a big group, we might as well catch the train together.

Status
Not open for further replies.