Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

FFP

carolynt

I was under the impression that Victoria had to scrap all the FFP, but obviously not.

RE: Medicine at Melbourne. Can you even apply for these? Since ATAR 99.00 'guarantees' you an entry into the Medical course?

Thanks.

Kyle

Old Man MSO
Emeritus Staff
Domestic FFP places in undergrad courses (including graduate entry bachelors like med at usyd, anu, flinders, deakin, griffith, UQ etc) at public unis have been scrapped nation wide.

Melbourne have sneakily changed their course to "masters level" to get around this.

99.00 atar faaaaar from guarantees you entry to medicine.

Curiosity

I believe that an ATAR of 99.90 is needed to guarantee melbourne at Melbourne. By guarantee, meaning no GAMSAT, but they still look at GPA and they need an MMI interview.

gulls

Victim of Procrastination
Emeritus Staff
*ETA*

Nevermind, this post was initially made with obliviousness.

Last edited:

Ken2010

I was under the impression that Victoria had to scrap all the FFP, but obviously not.

RE: Medicine at Melbourne. Can you even apply for these? Since ATAR 99.00 'guarantees' you an entry into the Medical course?

Thanks.
I think you mean an ATAR of 99.90?

Even then, you have to maintain a minimum GPA average during the Biomedicine course. I'm not sure if such a person is allowed to skip the interview though...

And because the MD Degree is now a graduate level course, it means that Melbourne Uni is allowed to make some of its local places as Full-Fee.