First Year (FY) BHSc/BSC 2018 Chat/Enquiry

Discussion in 'First Year Category' started by Blueglacier, Aug 15, 2017.

1. bingbing

bingbing New Member

I'm confused, my VCA interview for pharmacy is completed while for optom is not...I got a welcome letter already from pharmacy but I'm aiming for optom...quite worriedo_O

2. Venus

Venus New Member

Are you referring to the 'VCA interview' or 'VCA compliance'? I think the 'VCA interview' was completed just before we got our offers. Maybe you're on the waitlist for optometry?

My 'VCA compliance' is still incomplete though.

3. bingbing

bingbing New Member

yea sorry my bad, I meant VCA compliance and police check on our applicant summary. I've received conditional offer for optom already. It says expiry date for the conditions is 15th of Jan, hopefully they can update it before that.

4. Venus

Venus New Member

So your VCA compliance for pharmacy is complete but still incomplete for optometry? That's unusual, I thought they use the same police check and VCA check for all applications.

5. bingbing

bingbing New Member

idk but maybe it's because of different department, conditions for pharmacy was updated at around 21st of Dec.

6. Red Cherry

Red Cherry New Member

Has anyone's VCA and Police compliance been completed? For those who have been offered back in december.
    I'm getting quite worried since mine hasn't yet and there are just 5 days left till the deadline!!!

7. WellyOnAGoodDay

WellyOnAGoodDay MBChB II 2019

If your references have submitted their forms you don't have to stress about anything. The uni has only been open for four days since the holidays so don't even worry about it. As long as your references have done their part you just need to sit and wait!

8. First_Year2k18

First_Year2k18 MBChB II 2019

Hey there! Just flicked them an email the other day and said they were still waiting on everyone's police checks. Don't worry about it, it'll be done soon :)

9. Red Cherry

Red Cherry New Member

Sweet, thank you!!!

10. toastedbread

toastedbread New Member

Has anyone's VCA and police checks still says incomplete? Didn't get an email from UOA yet either...

11. Red Cherry

Red Cherry New Member

Same here

12. toastedbread

toastedbread New Member

I called UOA and they said that it's either
    1) One of your referees haven't completed their form (They advised to ask your referees)
    2) An admin error (May be the police check because that didn't require any referees and as long as you handed in your documents at the end of last years interview, you should have been fine).
    I would call/email them just so you can be updated on the progress.
    Best of luck!

13. toastedbread

toastedbread New Member

Hey Everyone!
    Has anyone received an offer from the waitlist yet (That's not a graduate entry) or have any updates on the waitlist situation?
    Thanks! :)

14. Emerald01

Emerald01 New Member

Not yet! Still waiting..

15. marshmallow15

marshmallow15 New Member

I'm sorry that this question of mine is very specific but I am having a lot of trouble applying for my gen- ed. I know prior students have said not to stress too much about it but I've been trying to sort it out for weeks and am having a multitude of issues. From my understanding (taking Health Sci in 2019), the only options now left are Asian studies 140, Phil 105G, Dance 101, Dance 200G, Business 151G, or Education 100G.

I have no idea which one to take as none of them really spark an interest of mine but if I had to choose, I'm currently leaning towards Educ 100G or Asian 140? I've had a good look on Student Course Review and I'm still stuck. Could anyone please advise me on this?

Thanks for your help in advance!

16. heartley

heartley New Member

Hey. I had my application for multiple papers and concessions declined so I ended up choosing Phil105. Have a look at the marking criteria for those papers and see if that helps you decide rather than interest in the content. Also, there is a 2019 thread going that you might like to join. I can't link it, I'm like good cheese, mature aged, and don't know how.

17. Nata

Nata New Member

Can I please ask how many references you need to have? and who can you put down as your referee? (I'm starting biomed in three weeks and thinking ahead of time)! and what kind of things are in the form your referee needs to fill? thanks alot