GAMSAT Advice Request

Discussion in 'GAMSAT' started by KaiAlive, Feb 24, 2018.

1. KaiAlive

KaiAlive New Member

I am about to finish my undergrad. course and I am motivated and inspired to take the GAMSAT course next year with a friend, but I need some assistance from anyone already studying for the GAMSAT or has undergone the GAMSAT.
    I understand that it is more so a test of empathy and reasoning, so I would like to know the best materials I can get to help me study and/or the best reasoning method to tackle the questions.
    What questions/notes should I be making? And also (for the science bit), what should I specifically study?
    Please help me.

2. Mana

Mana Resident Medical Officer (UNDS MBBS) Administrar

Junior Medical Officer
    I'd give www.pagingdr.net a look - they have a lot more information on how to prepare for the GAMSAT. As far as I know (and I actually did the damn test) there is no test of "empathy" anywhere in the examination - the humanities part (section 1) seems very much logic based and the written part is argumentative/reflective rather than testing any real empathy.

You will need a baseline understanding of some basic sciences and humanities. That's about it, but I'm sure you'll get some more detail from our friends at Paging Dr.

3. chinaski

chinaski Regular Member

...After doing some research around the forum first, please. Please note: 101 questions like "what should I study?" are answered by reading the threads already there.