• UAC releases their offers at 7am on the 8th of January 2021! For those fortunate enough to receive an offer, congratulations! Please post your details here in the 2021 Entry Collated Data thread.
  • Happy holidays to all on MSO! Recently the staff team have noticed a lot of requests for users to PM them with advice and answers to questions. We kindly ask that these requests and answers are posted publicly on the forum wherever possible, unless it is a personal matter that you aren't comfortable discussing publicly. This allows all users to benefit from the advice as opposed to select individuals, and it also saves the repetition of the same advice multiple times. Cheers!

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

General Discussion: Unsuccessful HSFY, What Next?

feif

That link just describes what to do for first-year entry (i.e. do NOT transfer credit), it doesn't actually address our concern re minimum academic time if you needed to go grad entry after that. But anyways, we've had another user confirm that it's fine.
Hi there
Can anyone help answer my questions asap? My daughter did HSFY at Otago 2019 and just missed out on med. After much toying with other degree possibilities-She is wanting to give biomed first year a go at UOA(with the intention to re-apply to med) but is she too late to apply? Is there a limited amount of applicants? If someone could answer promptly we'd really appreciate it. I've looked at the UOA website and it says early Dec was the cutoff- can anyone help and verify if this is correct?
Thank you so much

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Fili

Dentistry Student 🦷
Hi there
Can anyone help answer my questions asap? My daughter did HSFY at Otago 2019 and just missed out on med. After much toying with other degree possibilities-She is wanting to give biomed first year a go at UOA(with the intention to re-apply to med) but is she too late to apply? Is there a limited amount of applicants? If someone could answer promptly we'd really appreciate it. I've looked at the UOA website and it says early Dec was the cutoff- can anyone help and verify if this is correct?
Thank you so much

In my opinion, it's best to email or call the Auckland offices directly.

I would discuss with your daughter if this is really the right move though. Moving Universities means a different environment altogether. An environment that may not necessarily mean she will perform better than she did before. Possibly worse. Likewise, once she does this, I don't think she'll be able to go back to Otago and finish her degree there and apply for Med since she needs to have finished her degree in 3 years.

If she ends up hating Auckland and the environment there, well she has no choice but to bear with it.