Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

General Interview Discussion and Questions 2020 Entry

A1

Admissions Speculator
Does anyone know approximately how many applicants are interviewed at UWA and Curtin?
Around 3 to 1 with some variations. Curtin published in a year 3 to 1 but a Curtin student said actually more, so could be 4. Otoh based on number of WA applicants vs offers by UWA it's more like 2-2.5 to 1 for local applicants.

Yash Shah

Hey I dont want to ask too much coz of confidentiality but with Curtin interviews, is the MMI more or less standard like other unis like WSU and JMP?

Crow

Moderator Band 🦧
Hey I dont want to ask too much coz of confidentiality but with Curtin interviews, is the MMI more or less standard like other unis like WSU and JMP?
I don’t even know what exactly you’re asking here! You can expect a variety of question styles on a variety of topics at any MMI.

REGULAR JOE

I dont know if this is breaching confidentiality, but does anyone know whether UWA interviews had any roleplay/actor stations? Or at least whether the interview was similar to curtin or different?

coolguy246

just letting you guys know you dont need some insanely crazy atar like 99.7+ and a 95th + UCAT percentile to get into monash.
With monash guarantee under your belt, you can sneak in with a 89th percentile and a 96-97 atar as so did several people this year.

would really appreciate if someone could help - I went for my Monash interview (I’m an interstate student) and at the interviews we were told that we would get our offers on the 4th of feb. But this round vtac offers comes out tomorrow (3rd feb) so does anyone know if that was a mistake on their part...? Or is Monash just doing things a day late

ucatboy

Monash MD I
Valued Member
would really appreciate if someone could help - I went for my Monash interview (I’m an interstate student) and at the interviews we were told that we would get our offers on the 4th of feb. But this round vtac offers comes out tomorrow (3rd feb) so does anyone know if that was a mistake on their part...? Or is Monash just doing things a day late
Me and a couple friends who also attended the interview are confused too - I guess we'll find out tomorrow ;) All the best!

TKAO

ima head to oooo-wahhh for med
Valued Member
Is there a way to jot down notes on paper before entering the room?
Just a slight correction from CatzDreaming , you are not able to bring your own paper into your interview, but in the interview they may give you paper to use. In the UAdel interview, you were given a piece of paper to jot down notes for a given prompt which you were then allowed to bring into the room with you. You would not be able to take these notes home however.