Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

General Interview Discussion and Questions 2020 Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dnama

Does anyone have the link to Season's prepare me article please. I have tried all the links I could find and none of them work. Thank you!

LouiseDisease

best western
Does anyone have the link to Season's prepare me article please. I have tried all the links I could find and none of them work. Thank you!

Misa

If I understand this correctly, for USYD dentistry they will send out interviews on the 17th of December, have them on the 20th of December and send out interviews on the 23rd of December? Seems like a bit of a rush compared to the other unit or am I understanding something wrong?
Also, is their only admission criteria 99.55 and interview? Is this a guaranteed-entry considering you have a semi-decent interview? Thanks

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
If I understand this correctly, for USYD dentistry they will send out interviews on the 17th of December, have them on the 20th of December and send out interviews on the 23rd of December? Seems like a bit of a rush compared to the other unit or am I understanding something wrong?
Also, is their only admission criteria 99.55 and interview? Is this a guaranteed-entry considering you have a semi-decent interview? Thanks

I'm not super familiar with USyd Dent, but I know their Med process is very short (with offers actually coming out on the day of the interviews, I believe), so what you've described could definitely be the case for their Dent course. The Med course isn't guaranteed, as they interview slightly more people than they have offers they can make, but it's pretty favourable odds. I imagine it's similar for Dent.

Hey guys, was just wondering if someone could help me out. Im loooking for a chemistry bridging course that has a minimum of 18 hours lab work and covers organic chemistry. Any help would be very much appreciated!

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
This must be for Curtin?
JCU runs a course in Jan-Feb with only 12 hours practicals but good for JCU > Subject Search - JCU Australia

I think JCU also requires 18 (they did when I checked for 2017 entry). The UTAS course wasn’t enough for JCU.

===============================
I think JCU also requires 18 (they did when I checked for 2017 entry). The UTAS course wasn’t enough for JCU.

A1: But the JCU course's description says it is to satisfy JCU's prereq requirement.

"This subject is a bridging chemistry subject designed to be equivalent of Queensland Senior high school chemistry (and its equivalents in other Australian states). Completion of this subject satisfies the chemistry entry requirements for many JCU degree programs."

================================
But the JCU course's description says it is to satisfy JCU's prereq requirement.

"This subject is a bridging chemistry subject designed to be equivalent of Queensland Senior high school chemistry (and its equivalents in other Australian states). Completion of this subject satisfies the chemistry entry requirements for many JCU degree programs."

LMG!: It says for “many”, not for all. I think Med is separate. JCU Med admissions told me I’d need to do two bridging Chem courses.

================================
It says for “many”, not for all. I think Med is separate. JCU Med admissions told me I’d need to do two bridging Chem courses.

A1: That is strange considering it "designed to be equivalent of Queensland Senior high school chemistry" which is the JCU Med prereq in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.