Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

General Interview Discussion and Questions 2020 Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
No I kinda meant what do they do inthe15 mins like is it oneqn or many different ones
You aren’t really making sense with your posts. What do you mean “many different ones”? Questions? Scenarios? You’ve been told it’s panel-style and not MMI.

CatzDreaming

Medical Student 🐐
No I kinda meant what do they do inthe15 mins like is it oneqn or many different ones
Adding to Crow's reply, consider how there can only be one question in a 15 min interview. Doesn't make much sense right?
Interview criteria
The interview comprises of a series of scenarios and questions and provides an opportunity for you to demonstrate your personal qualities, including:
• Motivation and self-awareness
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Attention to detail and professional behaviour
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Prioritising and conscientiousness
• Aptitude for group learning and teamwork
• Compatibility and understanding of the degree and applicable health profession
It's very hard, if not impossible, to be able to mark an applicant based on these criteria if they were to answer only one question.

tarex105

Lurker
Has anyone got an UWA offers recently? I haven't seen any posts about it but apparently they usually send invites mid november, and I'm surprised to not see anyone get anything yet.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Has anyone got an UWA offers recently? I haven't seen any posts about it but apparently they usually send invites mid november, and I'm surprised to not see anyone get anything yet.

Offers or interview invites? We've had neither reported here so far. UWA was the 14th of November last year and Curtin was the 16th for interview invites. We don't usually get much data, but we do usually get some, so maybe they're just running a bit later this year?

Bikkies

Lurker
Their website says mid to late November, but since interviews are scheduled to start in a week, they seem to be pushing it a bit close.

Bikkies

Lurker
Are those interview dates only for WA applicants or interstate as well?
"Applicants based outside WA are notified after the ATAR actual results are released (late December/early January) regarding their eligibility for interview." from their website. So I'd assume interviews for Interstate students would be mid-January.

tarex105

Lurker
Offers or interview invites? We've had neither reported here so far. UWA was the 14th of November last year and Curtin was the 16th for interview invites. We don't usually get much data, but we do usually get some, so maybe they're just running a bit later this year?
Yea sorry I meant interview invites.

dark

For Monash MMI questions are they all scenario based? Or do you also get personal/general questions like; why do you want to become a doctor? Why would you like to study at Monash? etc.

They can implicitly ask those questions e.g. You're giving a talk to students about why they should become a doctor... etc, but otherwise, Monash doesn't let you talk about personal stuff

A1

Rookie Doc
Their website says mid to late November, but since interviews are scheduled to start in a week, they seem to be pushing it a bit close.

I don't know why this member didn't post up the info themself but PM'ed me. Apparently UWA invites to rural applicants commenced yesterday *by phone*, obviously since they need more time to arrange travel to Perth. Non-rurals should be anytime now.

In MMI's, are you allowed to ask for clarification or elaboration on anything in the scenarios or are you supposed to work with what you're told and make reasonable assumptions to fill in the rest?

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
In MMI's, are you allowed to ask for clarification or elaboration on anything in the scenarios or are you supposed to work with what you're told and make reasonable assumptions to fill in the rest?
If you’re *in* a scenario then you won’t be able to do that. If you’ve been told “if you were in this situation” by an interviewer then you could ask for clarification if you needed, though it’d obviously look better if you didn’t need to (and they probably wouldn’t say anymore than what the prompt they read out to you says). You’re more likely to encounter the former in an MMI, though.

Mysra

S
I don't know why this member didn't post up the info themself but PM'ed me. Apparently UWA invites to rural applicants commenced yesterday *by phone*, obviously since they need more time to arrange travel to Perth. Non-rurals should be anytime now.
Has anyone else received an email so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.