Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

General Interview Discussion and Questions 2020 Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayson

Hi any shuttle bus from University of Newcastle to Mayfield motel? Going to interview and stay there overnight. Thanks advance.

Kezza

Kevin
Hi any shuttle bus from University of Newcastle to Mayfield motel? Going to interview and stay there overnight. Thanks advance.
There is typically a Newspace shuttle running from UoN to town which may go through Waratah/Mayfield.

Otherwise there is a shuttle bus run by the uni to drop people off at their cars in the arvo/night. You can find pickup points at Hunter Hub/Train station cul de sac, Auchmuty Library near pinkies cul de sac -> there are probably more but I don't know.

If you need advice, where the interviews are held, there is the Huxley library (you can't miss it) - just go ask one of the support workers in there, or otherwise the hunter hub is around 40m from the interview stations.

hpras12

I have curtin interview this week! I heard that its mostly scenario type questions. Is this true? Or is it more like UWA.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
I have curtin interview this week! I heard that its mostly scenario type questions. Is this true? Or is it more like UWA.
Curtin has interviewees sign an NDA, so you won’t get an answer to this, sorry.

When filling out the application for UNSW I clicked yes for both Kensington and port Macquarie. is there any way I can change it now to just one? or is it too late

LuluLee

Sorry I haven’t been on the forum at all lately, would someone be able to give me a list of med schools who have had interviews released so far? Thanks so much in advance!

lordyx

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows what the JMP interview format is like? Is it all completely MMI, and how many stations would there be? Or are there general question panels like "why med" etc? Sorry if people have asked this!

Thank you!

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows what the JMP interview format is like? Is it all completely MMI, and how many stations would there be? Or are there general question panels like "why med" etc? Sorry if people have asked this!

Thank you!
Look at page 11 of this document: https://www.newcastle.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/532414/2020-JMP-Prospectus-2020.pdf

JMP interviewees have to sign an NDA, so questions about specific interview content cannot be answered.

phuong

Hi,
Does anyone know if we will find out what the score for our interview would be ? I realise interview is weighted 40% so will be get a mark or a rating for it so we know how we did in that section ?
Thank you
I suspect this is impossible for any of us to predict with certainty. However, the minimum ATAR for eligibility is 90 and in last year's entry, 92.65 was the lowest. We don't know whether this was a rural candidate or not.

For offers, scores are weighted as follows: UCAT Results: 20% - Interview Results: 40% - Academic Results: 40%. You can definitely compensate a slightly lower ATAR with UCAT and interview scores.

Sherlock

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Hi,
Does anyone know if we will find out what the score for our interview would be ? I realise interview is weighted 40% so will be get a mark or a rating for it so we know how we did in that section ?
Thank you
Nope, you won’t get scores for your interview.

nath456

Did anyone who sat the Adelaide interview have to sign a declaration form at the end? I dont remember having to, however one of the interview guides here mention it and im kinda worried.

Cal

vibe
Did anyone who sat the Adelaide interview have to sign a declaration form at the end? I dont remember having to, however one of the interview guides here mention it and im kinda worried.
nah I didn't have to; at least for dent.

Status
Not open for further replies.