General Interview Discussion and Questions: 2022 Entry

KingKong^

Hey.
So I'm doing an MMI interview for the bachelor of oral health in around 2 weeks. Do they send the results before making offers in January? If so, how soon do they give them? This is because I have received an early offer for a different course that requires to be put as first preference by the 21st of Jan, otherwise the offer is gone. I'm leaving b/oh as my first preference at the moment but in the case that the interview wasn't successful, I can just swap it with the early offer course.
Thanks

DrC

Hi!
Is medicine interview for university of adelaide single 15 mins interview?

Because it was 2 x 15 mins interview last year, I thought it would be same this year but in the uni's website, it says 15 mins interview.
If it is single 15 mins interview, does it mean there won't be any scenario Qs?

DeclanKB

Hi!

Because it was 2 x 15 mins interview last year, I thought it would be same this year but in the uni's website, it says 15 mins interview.
If it is single 15 mins interview, does it mean there won't be any scenario Qs?
As far as we know it'll be a single fifteen minute. The original plan was to change to MMI this year, but it reverted to a panel interview.

Last year they did a short scenario in the first fifteen and then a 'policy' scenario in the second interview which included prep time. Its unlikely you'll get a scenario with prep time given the changes, but I'd still expect the short scenario.

Lawso

As far as we know it'll be a single fifteen minute. The original plan was to change to MMI this year, but it reverted to a panel interview.

Last year they did a short scenario in the first fifteen and then a 'policy' scenario in the second interview which included prep time. Its unlikely you'll get a scenario with prep time given the changes, but I'd still expect the short scenario.
All i can say is that the Adelaide interview was quite fun. You'd think that itd be pressured and scary, well it was a pleasant surprise. Thanks everyone at Adelaide xx

DrC

Hi!

Thanks for the information :)

All i can say is that the Adelaide interview was quite fun. You'd think that itd be pressured and scary, well it was a pleasant surprise. Thanks everyone at Adelaide xx
Thanks for sharing this :)

KingKong^

Hey.
So I'm doing an MMI interview for the bachelor of oral health in around 2 weeks. Do they send the results before making offers in January? If so, how soon do they give them? This is because I have received an early offer for a different course that requires to be put as first preference by the 21st of Jan, otherwise the offer is gone. I'm leaving b/oh as my first preference at the moment but in the case that the interview wasn't successful, I can just swap it with the early offer course.
Thanks
???
(just in case it doesnt get lost <3)

Blobblab

hi, guys just wondering if the complexity of my vocabulary matters in an MMI. I like speaking a bit more simply it feels much more natural to me. By this, I don't mean I speak like a caveman but I don't really like throwing in big buzz words or anything; also avoiding 'um', 'ah', and 'like'

Lawso

hi, guys just wondering if the complexity of my vocabulary matters in an MMI. I like speaking a bit more simply it feels much more natural to me. By this, I don't mean I speak like a caveman but I don't really like throwing in big buzz words or anything; also avoiding 'um', 'ah', and 'like'
Think of it this way. Interviewers are trying to sift out those who aren't going to make good medical students (and thus doctors) in the future.
Whats a skill doctors need to have? Effective and efficient communication. That doesnt mean that they want a person who talks like an english extension essay, nor a person like you said sounds like 'a caveman'. You need to be relatable, sophisticated but still conversational and generally just normal. The biggest thing to worry about is just conveying your information/ideas, it the most understandable, clean and succinct manner possible. But like youve mentioned if you can, try to get rid of those "um"s and "ah"s, but hey if they do come along as you're thinking, thats totally normal, after all no ones gonna have a perfect response to the questions they ask.

bunnysj

I just realised that during the panel interview I accidentally said Adelaide med was a 5 year course and not 6 years ;-;; lol I'm done aren't I

Nonstandard983

I just realised that during the panel interview I accidentally said Adelaide med was a 5 year course and not 6 years ;-;; lol I'm done aren't I
Not at all mate, you may be marked down for it however they wouldn’t scrub you from the list for a simple mistake like that :) if the rest of your interview went fantastic there is no issue :)

breadman

I did poorly in one section of MMI at JMP does that mean I'm done? There were only 5 sections this year.
I'm sure everyone will have a station (or even a few), where they may not have performed perfectly or may think so. At least though you have 4 other stations which you would have had the chance to make up for the 1 station. It's also hard to tell what constitutes a 'poor performance' in a station, as different people have different levels of subjectivity.

breadman

If you don't me asking, how'd you find it? I've also got a JMP interview, although not for another 3 weeks. Don't give me any details because of the NDA, but how was the overall experience? Like did it run smoothly without any technical difficulties (it's the first time I'm doing an online interview so want to know if the chance of technical difficulties is low or high)