Getting a job after medical school: what are my chances?

Discussion in 'Studying Medicine' started by adamn, Mar 1, 2018.

1. adamn

adamn New Member

I do agree that the RoS obligation is small.

However re

It is my understanding (please feel free to correct me) that such a ’guarantee’ does not exist for BMPs as they are to apply for intership in the same manner (and without any guarantees of being offered these) as all med grads.

NO guaranteed internships for BMPs, they may be easier to come by due to their location ’factor’ but - by no means - automatically guaranteed.

2. chinaski

chinaski Regular Member

The COAG agreement currently guarantees all CSP students (which includes BMPs) internship on graduation. That guarantee does not extend to full-fee paying place graduates - at present, for domestic students, FFPs are the only potentially vulnerable group.

3. adamn

adamn New Member

4. A1

A1 Admissions Speculator Moderator

UWA MD minus-I
    I looked but couldn't find in that article, it fails to say the 230 graduates without internships were all international students, out of around 500 each year. They are generally lower on internship priority ranking, so while 250+ a year are getting internships it's still some way before domestic FFPs are affected let alone CSP/BMPs.

(The yellow line in the graph below is to show trend only, don't read off the vertical-axis numbers)
    [​IMG]

5. chinaski

chinaski Regular Member

6. adamn

adamn New Member

Excuse me? My question was about the BMP grads, the nice and informative graph above is courtesy of A1.

I am not quite sure what your latest question is referring to ...

7. chinaski

chinaski Regular Member

It wasn't clear why you posted that link in the first place. FFPs missing out on internships is not relevant to BMPs.