Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Gold Star Trivia Competition!

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
Hey guys,

General trivia has been taking off on certain areas of the forum lately so I've thought about making it a competition (which will hopefully be more successful than Sherlock's attempts at making competitions).

We'll have 1v1 trivia quiz battles, those that lose get eliminated and those that win will be matched against other winners (and this process repeats until we reach a final battle between two people).

Requirements are:

You must have at least 25 forum posts
No cheating/no googling (I trust you guys)
If after a reasonable amount of time a question is unanswered, the question is forfeited.
The first person to get 10 points (one point award per question) wins the round.

Please write your name here if you want to play (please also write if you're willing to be an adjudicator as well - you'd have to make up the questions for the competitors). You can be both! But it goes without saying that you can't write your questions/be the adjudicator for your own match.

Matchings will be randomised and/or based on availabilities of members (we're going to spread out the competition so it's not going to all be on a certain day as that'd be logistically nearly impossible and it keeps the fun lasting for longer!).

Prize: Thanks to Mana, this is now a gold star competition!

The benefits of a gold star allows for site privileges, including the following (other rewards are possible depending on suitability) 1. permanent change of username colour to a colour of your choice 2. restore or grant access to chatbox to someone who does not have access 3. permanent change of username to a username of your choice (you can use Unicode symbols!) 4. custom user-bars (eg. what hpfanfiction has).

Redemptions for colour usernames/custom user-bars will be permanent. Gold stars have to be redeemed shortly after winning (so you can't hold onto them forever).

Good luck and have fun!

Sign-up before this coming Friday, the 17th of August! (Late entries might still be considered if we've got another late entrant to pair you with and if we haven't finished the initial rounds)

Last edited:

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Sponsoring a gold star for this at the very least.

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
Okay guys,

Since there's only 5 competitors, I've decided that we're going to just have 5 rounds. The first round will involve everyone, then the last person to score 10 gets eliminated (and thus the process continues with the consequent rounds until we're left with 1 winner).

Therefore there will be 5 rounds in total, the last person is the weakest link and does not get to proceed to the next round.

So tell me when you guys are all free and we'll make the first round (people are still free to join before the game begins)!

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
First round is completed:

Winners in order:
Rustyedges
Ruffle
Logic
Perplex

Eliminated:
Lear (was a close run at 9 points)

Crow and Nycryte weren't presented for this round so we will be running a supplementary quiz night at 7PM AEST on Sunday hosted by Logic and/or Ruffle.

Crow, Nycryte and Lear will play to get back into the game. The last person to reach 10 is eliminated and the other two go on to proceed to round 2 of the game!

Last edited:

Nycryte

UTAS MBBS I
I'll be busy tomorrow at 7, can Crow and Lear do it at something more like 4 or 5? Otherwise, I'll just forfeit if you guys aren't free then.

Lear

Monash IV
Gold Star Winner
I unfortunately am not home until around 6pm. If Crow can make it I will forfeit so you guys can play :)

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
SECOND UPDATE

Crow v. Lear Supplementary Match Results:

Lear won with Crow following in with a close 8 points.

Lear is back in the game.

Understandably, some of you might not be able to make every match due to different timetabling. For this reason, I've decided to allow 1 missed match in this competition so you're back in the game too Nycryte.

Crow has been eliminated in the first round!

Next round on this coming Friday at 9PM AEST.

Competitors:
rustyedges
Ruffle
Logic
Perplex
Lear
Nycryte

If there's any concerns regarding the date/time post here!

EDIT: Also, eliminated contestants may still play but aren't in the running for that coveted Gold Star prize!

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
FOURTH UPDATE

Taking a study break from the forums for a wee bit. Logic is my replacement for host and will be holding these final trivia matches. All the best, may the best of you win! :)