Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

GPA Calculations

ganshenme

Hey,

I'm a unimelb student whos looking to apply for UQ dentistry as a non standard, how will the GPA be calculated, since unimelb's H1 is 80+, but UQ's HD equivalent is 85+?
If i have a bunch of scores within the 80-84 mark, does that mean I am screwed and cannot make the 6.5 GPA?

A1

Rookie Doc
Your GPA will be calculated by QTAC who have advised an MSO member they use the grade codes on your transcript not the numeric marks. So as long as it shows H1 you get a 7 for it.

ganshenme

Your GPA will be calculated by QTAC who have advised an MSO member they use the grade codes on your transcript not the numeric marks. So as long as it shows H1 you get a 7 for it.
omg that's a relief thank you so much!!

Hey there! I was just wondering if anyone has information of GPA calculations across different degrees? I am a first year uni student who has transferred to a different degree in semester 2. Will the unis I will be applying to take into consideration that I have done a years worth of subjects/credit points or will they use my ATAR? Thanks in advanced :)

A1

Rookie Doc
Hey there! I was just wondering if anyone has information of GPA calculations across different degrees? I am a first year uni student who has transferred to a different degree in semester 2. Will the unis I will be applying to take into consideration that I have done a years worth of subjects/credit points or will they use my ATAR? Thanks in advanced :)

Since undergrad med schools don't require a completed degree they use the GPA of a partial study, provided it meets the minimum study length - 1 semester FTE for WSU & JCU, 0.75 FTE year for UNSW, 1 FTE year for JMP.

When you've done two or more degree programs they do not combine, they use the most recent one that meets the abovementioned. For example you've done 1 semester of Science then 1 semester of Commerce, neither meets the 1 FTE year for JMP so JMP will use your ATAR instead.

Zhoqi067

Hi, would you have any idea if the same applies for NZ university GPAs? Whether they convert using your final letter grade or percentage score?
I believe applying to postgraduate degrees for medicine/dentistry through GEMSAS universities converts A-/A/A+ ie 80%+ as maximum GPA of 7,
However after speaking to SATAC they have said they use 85%+ as a 7 and 75% to 84% as a 6 when apply for undergraduate degress such as their dentistry course. They were unsure about other universities/admissions such as QTAC or UQ.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads