• MSO wishes all applicants the best of luck in the UCAT!
    Remember, it is important not to post content about specific questions until this season is over (feel free to message a moderator about questions that we can collate later) but we would love to hear about your experiences and results!
    Cheers, Mana
    P.S. you can't dismiss this message

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

GPA cut off for non standard applicants

Crow

Most Active 2018
I have been guaranteed advanced standing for 2 units as well , which wont affect my GPA ( marks are not transferred to new course) . So by end of this yr i will have 10 units hoping to get a GPA of 7. Wondering how Griffit will deal with those 2 advanced standing units?will griffit consider my gpa and wont be caring about advanced standing at all.
Thanks
If the grades aren’t transferring to your new transcript then it won’t have any affect on your dentistry application at Griffith.

omarix2k

Hi, I know these questions have been asked before but I just need help, so just hear me out.
I'm hoping to apply for the bachelor of dental health science(starting next year)
- I have completed (2018) 1 year of full-time study in bachelors of medical science but did not achieve the required GPA(6.625).
- I am currently (2019) enrolled in a bachelor of science (chemistry) planning to do 1FT.

some of the units from the two degrees overlap. so when Griffith university assesses my application and I have units from the first degree that matches the second degree (note: I did not apply for advanced standing, so I will complete all 8 units but some match a previous course).

will this affect my application
I also heard that if you have studied a science related degree some of the units can be matched with the bachelor of dental health science and will be removed.

thanks

Neekzade

Hi everyone
Does the 1FTS should be on done on campus or it can be online as well. Cause i will have Some online units.
Thanks

Crow

Most Active 2018
Hi everyone
Does the 1FTS should be on done on campus or it can be online as well. Cause i will have Some online units.
Thanks
As long as the online units are worth 10CP (or whatever a standard unit is worth at your uni) it wouldn’t matter whether it’s online or offline.