Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Griffith Dentistry: Non-standard Entry

collocus

It looks like there's conflicting information about the early offers. There definitely has been early offers back for 2011 admission for non-standards (don't know for 2012), but there wasn't any for 2013, so I don't think there's going to be any this time. Guess we just have to wait...a while.(n)

perthmale

I applied to Griffith BOH as well few months ago.

Can anyone in this thread come and see my post and tell me what you guys think?

I have been waiting for a while and Griffith still hasn't made the decision which is starting to freak me out.

I am a non-standard applicant as well. Below is the link to my previous post.

Thanks in advance!!!

http://www.medstudentsonline.com.au...-usa-equivalent-maths-b-aus-28418/#post272146[/QUO

Are you applying as an international student or as a domestic? and have you applied direct to GU or via QTAC? if via QTAC, next to preference will tell you if you have met the criteria.

Chine

I too received a call from Griffith University today, not long ago. But I missed it and the voicemail they left said that it was just a courtesy call and I don't need to call back... I wonder if that's all it was, a courtesy call.
I put Griffith Uni BOH as my 3rd preference...

perthmale

I too received a call from Griffith University today, not long ago. But I missed it and the voicemail they left said that it was just a courtesy call and I don't need to call back... I wonder if that's all it was, a courtesy call.
I put Griffith Uni BOH as my 3rd preference...

From past posts, it seems that it is a marketing scheme by GU. You should have or will also receive a pamphlet about GU in the mail. I assume they contact all applicants whom have applied, with the aim of you choosing GU. I guess is GU trying to demonstrate they are a customer orientated university.

fadongle

Lurker
Just out of curiosity, has anyone received early offer from Griffith BOH since there were two additional early offer rounds being released by QTAC recently?

Safraaz

Not me :/
I received my GPA yesterday, and I managed to improve from a 6 to a 6.4 by attaining 3 HDs and 1D this semester. I hope that is sufficient for JCU and Griffith! Has anyone (interstate) received an offer in the past with a similar GPA? Is my GPA competitive for Griffith?

zaid101

griffith dentistry information

uploaded (attached) is information on gpa cutoffs coming from a current student (me). please forward any other questions, if any, to the email provided in the document

Attachments

• bachelor oral health dental science cut off information and stuff.docx
    12 KB · Views: 346

penny05

hi all. im asking a bit late but ive only just thought about it.
Coming up to main offer round now! I seem to hae missed out on offer from the Oct, Nov and Dec rounds :-(
As a non-standard entry do we get ranked differently to the yr 12's? I have completed Masters level so would our GPA also be treated differently to those in a Bachelor degree?

penny05

hi sericin. for my post grad studies i got 5.333, 6.333 and my last master degree was 6.333.

so im not sure if the cut off of 6.5 + is for bachelor studies or masters!!! as undergrad and postgrad are completely different study and hardness of subject

i guess jan 16th will tell me what Griffith are after GPA wise.

chura

Hi, i just wanted to ask if Griffith University considers ALL your tertiary studies or ONLY your last degree.
I have two Bachelor Degrees and not sure if they are going to combine the results.
Thanks

HotIce

I've called them multiple times to check as I have done 6 subjects in previous degree then switched to other degree at other university. They said only the last degree counts in it's one year or more. I've even checked with QTAC and they said the same in regards to griffith

chura

Thank you for your reply HotIce.

Having that cleared, what are my chances of getting into GU Dentistry with a GPA of 6.96 (Melbourne Uni)?
The GPA I have above is calculated using Melbourne uni grading system (according to GEMSAS) but I think Griffith may have a difference system.
Does anyone know what GPA grading system they use at GU?
I have contacted QTAC but they just said they do not have my exact GPA yet as Griffith is still assessing my previous studies.
Thanks

HotIce

so do you have a full degree?, one full time year or less?
Griffith follows the 85+ = HD system. I'm not sure how they consider grades from melb uni as I know they calculate a HD as being 80+
Well, if all is well and your calculated GPA is corrected then you have a very good chance at getting in as last year cut off was around 6.6

HotIce

I should also mentioned that you should calculate your gpa as per the QTAC and Griffith guidelines which is just the traditional way of calculating it.
I.e. a HD= 7 D=6 C=5 etc.
you add them all then multiply by the number of unit.
That's how griffith calculate the gpa unless you have an honours or masters which is different system.

VChloe

Hi, does it matter with GU if I put it as the first preference or not?
and... I applied through UAC, will they consider it as the same with QTAC?
thanks

VChloe

I'm in the same situation. my application shows they r still checking if I met the pre-requisites....
does anyone know how long they usually take for checking it? I applied through QTAC last year, I dont recalled there is such a thing.

chura

Vchloe,

I would check with UAC to make sure they are assessing your application correctly. I have called QTAC and found out that Griffith has finished assessing my previous studies and assigned me a rank of 99 (GPA 6.96) only yesterday :)

Just another question; has the cut-off ever been 7 before? I am worried that 6.96 might not be enough to get into Griffith...