Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Gpa Tertiary Transfer Adelaide Medicine

lachii

Hey everyone. I'm concerned. I have recently completed my first semester of my undergrad biomed degree at Adelaide and want to transfer to medicine. I have currently achieved 1 HD, 2 D, 1 credit and unfortunately 1 pass. My goal is for full HD next this semester to get a high gpa. However, the requirement for transfer is a credit average- will my pass make me ineligible ? I also recently completed the UMat, what percentile am I looking at to be competitive ? Thanks

A1

Rookie Doc
However, the requirement for transfer is a credit average- will my pass make me ineligible ?

No your HD & Ds should make up for the Pass, otherwise they would have said minimum Credit in all units instead.

I also recently completed the UMat, what percentile am I looking at to be competitive ? Thanks

To give you a little scare, last year my 100%ile wasn't good enough :)

Seriously, what that means is we can't say whether 80%ile or 90%ile is competitive. For UAdel UMAT is weighted only half as important as ATAR/GPA and Interview, lower in UMAT but if you excel in the other two you can still win a place. Good luck.

lachii

No your HD & Ds should make up for the Pass, otherwise they would have said minimum Credit in all units instead.

So if it is a general credit average its fine? But if its an average of credits across all units I would be ineligible?

By the way, wow, 100%?! Were you an Adelaide undergrad trying to transfer?

A1

Rookie Doc
But if its an average of credits across all units I would be ineligible?

Average of/across all units you'd be fine. Minimum in each/all units you'd be ineligible.

I was a Y12 from WA, missing out Adel didn't really destroy me as I got other offers but it's still a sore point haha.

lachii

Thanks heaps :) - you know your stuff. If you don't mind I have a little question. Having just completed the UMAT, I had left around 20 multiple choice questions randomly chosen, with the other 100+ answered with good confidence - just for comparison and for me to get an idea, how did you go in the UMAT? Thanks

A1

Rookie Doc
I got 225 overall score (out of a theoretical 300), as a guesstimate 110-115 questions.

Depending on your level of "good confidence", if you are able to get 90 out of those 100+ plus 5 out of the randoms, you should be around 90-95th %ile.

Hi Lachii. I transferred out of Health Sci at Adelaide. What I'd say is that the interview plays a very major part in the overall selection process. UMAT should be fine if it's from the high 70's and above because it is more or less a threshold for Adelaide.

lachii

I got 225 overall score (out of a theoretical 300), as a guesstimate 110-115 questions.

Depending on your level of "good confidence", if you are able to get 90 out of those 100+ plus 5 out of the randoms, you should be around 90-95th %ile.
Thanks for everything mate.

What I'd say is that the interview plays a very major part in the overall selection process. UMAT should be fine if it's from the high 70's and above because it is more or less a threshold for Adelaide.
Ahh okay fair enough! What sort of GPA do you think is applicable?

It's been coming down in recent years if you are from SA. I've heard 76 by a local student getting an interview. Interstate is much harder for first round interviews, generally needing 95.
If you are local, 80 at least more or less guarantees you an interview, based on past years.

lachii

It's been coming down in recent years if you are from SA. I've heard 76 by a local student getting an interview. Interstate is much harder for first round interviews, generally needing 95.
If you are local, 80 at least more or less guarantees you an interview, based on past years.
Ah right , this is for transfer yes ?

From my understanding all the locals get put into the same overall pool. I think they say on the site that there are separate spots for tertiary students, but for UMAT-interview part, the cut off would be the same.

lachii

Ah right . Hopefully I do well. I mean , I am pretty confident with at least 60 of the 135 questions , with 20 more being somewhat confident and the remainder being guesses