Graduate Category 2018 Chat/Enquiry

Discussion in 'Graduate Category' started by Stuart, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Amand

Amand New Member

Hi, for an Australian citizen with a completed bachelors wanting to apply to med at UoA. Can they only apply in the graduate category? Also what would the entry requirements be ? I have looked at the website for this, but I find it pretty confusing.
    Thanks a lot!

2. unspecified

unspecified New Member

From what I've heard from other students, it seems you can choose whether you want to pursue the graduate or first year entry, although I don't think it will make much difference. If you want to apply via the FY path, you would have to take an additional year by completing the first year courses at UoA to the specific requirements. Since you have already finished a degree, you could just go straight for the graduate path. If your degree was within medical/heath sciences, you won't have trouble getting up to speed so just apply for graduate entry. I think it also depends on how many years it has been since you graduated as to whether you are considered "grad" or "supergrad". At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter: the interview is the big decider of who gets in, no one is worried about what your previous degree was, and you still have the same number of attempts as everyone else, even if you only apply with graduate entry :)

3. Amand

Amand New Member

Hey Thanks so much for your reply. Do you know if I need to do UCAT and what marks I need in that ? Plus on their website it says that the bachelors degree has to be from a NZ uni?