Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UoA Graduate Category Chat/Enquiry

Dnama

Hey Thanks so much for your reply. Do you know if I need to do UCAT and what marks I need in that ? Plus on their website it says that the bachelors degree has to be from a NZ uni?

Siti

Hi sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but has anyone applied for an aegrotat, is it possible to maintain an A- grade with an aegrotat even if you've done really bad in exam like only getting about 60-70%?

Bunny230

Hi sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but has anyone applied for an aegrotat, is it possible to maintain an A- grade with an aegrotat even if you've done really bad in exam like only getting about 60-70%?
Hey Siti,
I'm in the exact same boat as you at the moment and I think (don't quote me on this) they will boost your grade up to A- maximum depending on the severity of your condition.

Daydream

Hey,
So just before one of my exams I had seizures, which I have had on a weekly basis for a few weeks now.. long story short, I went to the doctor to ask what to do as my performance wasn't as good as it could have been under normal circumstances. They said if you apply for an aegrotat your average could go down and that your exam will still get marked so they get an idea of your performance.

I'd suggest go see a doctor and ask about your situation in person. Also a couple of people I know had their aegrotat applications turned down in the past, do not assume it is automatic you will get it. Best thing would be to try :) Hope this helps too. Best of luck.

Siti

Hey,
So just before one of my exams I had seizures, which I have had on a weekly basis for a few weeks now.. long story short, I went to the doctor to ask what to do as my performance wasn't as good as it could have been under normal circumstances. They said if you apply for an aegrotat your average could go down and that your exam will still get marked so they get an idea of your performance.

I'd suggest go see a doctor and ask about your situation in person. Also a couple of people I know had their aegrotat applications turned down in the past, do not assume it is automatic you will get it. Best thing would be to try :) Hope this helps too. Best of luck.

Hey! So did you choose not to apply for aegrotat? Just went doctors today and he filled out the form lol thanks!

Fili

Dentist 🦷
thanks for the reply, but yes I'm aware of that.
I just wanted to know for graduate entry how they use your last two years of study, does that include all 100, 200 and 300 level papers all weighed equally? (unlike Otago)

You need to get an average GPA of 6.0 across the 3 years to be eligible to apply, which I'm sure you're perfectly capable of achieving with no sweat as I recall from the Otago HSFY threads that your current average is around 99%?
After that they will only look at your last 2 years of study meaning 2nd and 3rd year in a 3 year degree whereby each year is weighted equally. However, each year can only go up to a max of 120 points but since we're from Otago they pretty much take the GPA average of our 7 best papers per year and add the 2 years and divide by 2. (They don't do the whole 18 point calculation split since 120 can't be divided by 18 into an integer so they pretty much take the best 126 points for us).

Hope this helps!

jaejoong

You need to get an average GPA of 6.0 across the 3 years to be eligible to apply, which I'm sure you're perfectly capable of achieving with no sweat as I recall from the Otago HSFY threads that your current average is around 99%?
After that they will only look at your last 2 years of study meaning 2nd and 3rd year in a 3 year degree whereby each year is weighted equally. However, each year can only go up to a max of 120 points but since we're from Otago they pretty much take the GPA average of our 7 best papers per year and add the 2 years and divide by 2. (They don't do the whole 18 point calculation split since 120 can't be divided by 18 into an integer so they pretty much take the best 126 points for us).

Hope this helps!
ah yes thank you makes sense!! just a correction tho my average is 88% (99% would've be amazing) :lol:

LALALALAA

I was looking at the graduate category admission into Medicine as it stays as of 2020 they take 120 points from 300 level papers and the rest of the 360 points from 100/200 levels papers, how does it work and how different level papers would it take to get those points ?Just a little confusion

Mark Paca

Lurker
Hello everyone,

I'm currently doing a 4 year degree (bachelor of medical laboratory science), how will they calculate my gpa if I apply in AKL uni? I know for 3 year degree, they only count the last 2 yrs of the degree towards the final gpa. But I'm not sure if it's the same for a 4 year degree.

Mark Paca

Lurker
Hello everyone,

I'm currently doing a 4 year degree (bachelor of medical laboratory science), how will they calculate my gpa if I apply for medicine in AKL uni? I know for 3 year degree, they only count the last 2 yrs of the degree towards the final gpa. But I'm not sure if it's the same for a 4 year degree.

Jay39

Hello everyone,

I'm currently doing a 4 year degree (bachelor of medical laboratory science), how will they calculate my gpa if I apply in AKL uni? I know for 3 year degree, they only count the last 2 yrs of the degree towards the final gpa. But I'm not sure if it's the same for a 4 year degree.

Hey Mark, I applied after doing a similar thing, and they only average your last 2 years of uni. Doesnt matter if its honors ect. Hope that helps, and good luck, hope to see you in the cohort next year!

Hey all,

I was wondering if you apply from Otago to Auckland, you have to do external transfer credit. I emailed Auckland several times, and each time I think the answer was different which makes me feel like the people answering the questions are not entirely sure themselves.

1571540132947.png \

Thanks!

Fili

Dentist 🦷
Hey all,

I was wondering if you apply from Otago to Auckland, you have to do external transfer credit. I emailed Auckland several times, and each time I think the answer was different which makes me feel like the people answering the questions are not entirely sure themselves.

View attachment 2893 \

Thanks!
External Transfer Credit is like if you want to continue and finish your degree at Auckland. I accidentally chose that option then emailed them saying I misclicked it by accident since I'm finishing my degree this year in Otago and not in Auckland.

Gh0st

So kind of a stupid question, but I got offered a place at UoA for med, but I'm considering declining so that I can do an honours (stupid to decline I know, but personal reasons) at Otago first - does anyone know if I can decline my offer but then reapply next year after I've done honours? Will I be at a disadvantage in terms of my application if I decline this year but reapply next year?

Cal

vibe
So kind of a stupid question, but I got offered a place at UoA for med, but I'm considering declining so that I can do an honours (stupid to decline I know, but personal reasons) at Otago first - does anyone know if I can decline my offer but then reapply next year after I've done honours? Will I be at a disadvantage in terms of my application if I decline this year but reapply next year?
You can defer for 2 years max.