Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UoA Graduate Category Chat/Enquiry

John_Cena

I have been put on the waitlist, does anyone know when these offers come and like what are the chances and how many people get taken off the waitlist per year? Thanks

Bootleg

I have been put on the waitlist, does anyone know when these offers come and like what are the chances and how many people get taken off the waitlist per year? Thanks
It honestly depends on how many decide to decline their UoA offer for Otago, and your GPA and UCAT score. Without those two things, I can't tell you anything about your chances. Usually, around 10-15 spots are offered to people on waitlist (but that just a pure guess)

I would imagine that second round offers will start to roll out around the 9th or 10th of Jan (since first round offers expires on the 5th of Jan and you gotta give the admissions team a couple of days to filter through the declines).

yung scurvy

Ive been on the waitlist before at Auckland. Offers usually seem to come out early Jan (similar to Otago) :) Auckland doesn't really provide any information on how many people get in off the waitlist or their rankings so the other parts of your question are hard to answer :)

John_Cena

Man, this sucks haha whole summer this will be at the back of my mind. Hopefully, it works out fingers crossed but grateful to not be declined. Hopefully, it works out for everyone else.

yung scurvy

Man, this sucks haha whole summer this will be at the back of my mind. Hopefully, it works out fingers crossed but grateful to not be declined. Hopefully, it works out for everyone else.
I feel ya, Im in a similar situation again this year. All you can do is keep busy for Xmas and new years and try to keep in in the back of your mind (or thats my 10 cents anyway haha)

John_Cena

Hard

You'll just have to keep yourself busy tbh - travel maybe, find a new hobby, keep doing what you already love doing etc etc and next thing you know it's mid Jan and yeah
Yeah it will be tough but hopefully it works out. Btw do you know where I can find the complied stats for last year ? Thank you

Fili

Dentist 🦷
Yeah it will be tough but hopefully it works out. Btw do you know where I can find the complied stats for last year ? Thank you

Like from MSO? There's the different "Graduate Category UCAT Threshold, GPAs and Offers" threads etc for UoO and something like "2019 MbChB" etc for UoA.

For official stats, try googling "OIA Auckland" or "OIA MbChB" which is pretty much answered by the uni themselves under the official information act.

UoA MBChB IV
Did anyone get a conditional offer?
Yup, go over to this page below to see

Yup, go over to this page below to see

Should I post that message there?

Okay, so ill just ask here because I am seriously confused! I got an email for a conditional offer but the portal just doesn't say conditional?

John_Cena

Any of the waitlist guys who's interview for MBChB has disappeared from the "Things you need to do" section in the portal? For my other clinical programme application, it still says (To Do) whereas for MBChB the (To Do) changed to (Done) and then now it has disappeared?

acbard9

Auckland MBChB
Been out of the loop too long so unsure where this goes but:

I plan to apply to Auckland Med School (2022 start) using my Hons as the qualifying program. I did the Honours in a single year and is a separate program from my BSc, but took a couple gap sems during the BSc. Will I get ding'd for not finishing the BSc in the "minimum academic time"? Or will they ignore that since the BSc is not the qualifying program?

Cheers in advance for any time and help xx

Bootleg

I plan to apply to Auckland Med School (2022 start) using my Hons as the qualifying program. I did the Honours in a single year and is a separate program from my BSc, but took a couple gap sems during the BSc. Will I get ding'd for not finishing the BSc in the "minimum academic time"? Or will they ignore that since the BSc is not the qualifying program?

You should be eligible. As long as you completed your honours in a single year of full time study, you should be fine. I believe they will use your latest qualifying program you have completed in determining your eligibility, ranking etc.

drum99

UoA MBChB III

Yeah you'll be sweet I reckon. From what I understand they don't even take your undergrad in to the equation if you've done a stand alone postgrad - I applied with Masters and they didn't take honours or undergrad in to it I don't think......just hit up FMHS they'll suss you