Rural

Programmes Applied/Status
Dentistry: Waitlisted
Medicine: Declined
Pharmacy: Offered
Physiotherapy: Offered

Fili

Dentistry Student 🦷
Actually i meant the lowest GPA, that managed to get in to the wait list of grad general category (non rural, non MAPAS). I heard someone with 8.23 got in to the wait list, but not sure..

Oh I see. Yeah it'll be too hard to know since MSO is such a small number from the entire cohort.

Oh I see. Yeah it'll be too hard to know since MSO is such a small number from the entire cohort.
Fairly sure someone submitted an Official Information Act to the medical school last year about the waitlist, although I'm not sure if that included who was on the waitlist or just the individuals who got into the medical school through that.

Fili

Dentistry Student 🦷
Fairly sure someone submitted an Official Information Act to the medical school last year about the waitlist, although I'm not sure if that included who was on the waitlist or just the individuals who got into the medical school through that.

Yeah i know. The OIA states that the last graduate with no special entry schemes e.g. rural etc admitted into med had a GPA of 8.14.

I think the person wants to know the lowest GPA admitted into the waitlist which is not necessarily the last person admitted into med from the waitlist.

Fili

Dentistry Student 🦷
UCAT
Verbal Reasoning: 610
Decision Making: 730
Quantitative Reasoning: 700
Abstract Reasoning: 830
Total Score: 2870

Situational Judgement: 683

Grades
Weighted-GPA: 7.82

Sub-Category Applied (if applicable)
None

Dentistry: Offered on January 9 around 1am (my dream so stoked)
Medicine: Declined
Pharmacy: Offered but I let it lapse
Physiotherapy: Declined

P.S. There is an "Otago Dentistry Class of 2023" page on Facebook. Join that!

UCAT
Verbal Reasoning: 600
Decision Making: 720
Quantitative Reasoning: 740
Abstract Reasoning: 640
Total Score: 2700

Situational Judgement: 660

Grades
Weighted-GPA: 8.36

Sub-Category Applied (if applicable)
Not applicable

Medicine: Waitlisted; Top 5 following Second round offers; Offered and accepted Jan 11th