Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Graduate DIPLOMA of Dentistry vs a degree? Which one is 'better'?

poiboy

Hey guys,
From what I have heard, it seems that diplomas are worth 'less' than degrees... So does this mean that the diploma we get at the end of this course is less prestigious than say a degree from some other Australian dent university?? Would this affect our employability in the future market?
My apologies for this stupid question, I just wanted to clear that up as I don't quite understand the differences between Doctor of Dentistry, bachelor degree of Dent, diploma of dent etc. etc. lols -_-

Thanks!
poiboy

P.S. CONGRATS CLASS OF 2018 FOR MAKING IT INTO DENTISTRY! Looking forward to meeting you guys at O-week!

perthmale

Hey guys,
From what I have heard, it seems that diplomas are worth 'less' than degrees... So does this mean that the diploma we get at the end of this course is less prestigious than say a degree from some other Australian dent university?? Would this affect our employability in the future market?
My apologies for this stupid question, I just wanted to clear that up as I don't quite understand the differences between Doctor of Dentistry, bachelor degree of Dent, diploma of dent etc. etc. lols -_-

Thanks!
poiboy

P.S. CONGRATS CLASS OF 2018 FOR MAKING IT INTO DENTISTRY! Looking forward to meeting you guys at O-week!

Should not really make a difference, it really is just so the uni can charge you a lot more for doing the course, so your paying a lot more for the same qualification that a Bachelors at another uni gives you.

l2009

All the same thing

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
Same thing in the end.

Diplomas are usually referring to shorter courses in other areas. This is not really applicable to dentistry!

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads