Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Graduate Entry 2017 Chat/Enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nurul

Lurker
Hi Nurul,

Welcome to MSO!

Is 7.3 your actual GPA? If so, Could you provide the Graduate Category GPA score for Auckland.

As for Otago, you can post on the Otago thread with your weighted-GPA.

Hi Stuart thank you for clearing that up for me. I'm not too sure how to calculate my GPA for Auckland or Otago as I started in B semester but I have been taking extra papers and been doing summer school. Do I also include all of my level 100 papers during my second year? I have only done 60 points in my first year but it says that I need to have atleast 120 points per year? I will also complete my degree this year, meaning that I did it in 2 and a half years. Thank you.

Stuart

Administrator
Emeritus Staff
Hi Stuart thank you for clearing that up for me. I'm not too sure how to calculate my GPA for Auckland or Otago as I started in B semester but I have been taking extra papers and been doing summer school. Do I also include all of my level 100 papers during my second year? I have only done 60 points in my first year but it says that I need to have atleast 120 points per year? I will also complete my degree this year, meaning that I did it in 2 and a half years. Thank you.

Hi,

There is a way to get around having less than 120 points a year for Auckland. I believe it is a bit tougher for Otago. I recommend you contact the admissions with your situation. They will resolve it case-by-case, I think. Let me know how it goes. Thank you.

EeJin

Lurker
If you are talking about starting in 2018 the university accomodation hall spots have all already been allocated :( they said you can still get on the waitlist but it's best to look for other options. I'm in the same situation trying to find a place in Auckland right now.
hi capp, in the same position as you, and have opted to look at staying with NZ families. That would not be a bad idea, especially since everything is provided too. You might want to look into that option for the first few months or first year in med.

Grape

Trainee Intern
What is the email to request for feedback on my application? I emailed fmhs and they just sent a generic email back.

Stuart

Administrator
Emeritus Staff
What is the email to request for feedback on my application? I emailed fmhs and they just sent a generic email back.

Hi Grape,

What do you mean by a generic email? FMHS is the right place for the feedback.

Grape

Trainee Intern
Hi Grape,

What do you mean by a generic email? FMHS is the right place for the feedback.

here is email I recieved in response...
"Thank you for your enquiry.
You can access your Application for Admission > Things you need to do to see the status of your submitted documents.

You can access your Application for Admission > Your applications to see if you have gained an offer of place.
Offer of place notification can vary depending on the assessment of programme-specific requirements such as a portfolio, audition and/or interview.
If you applied for the next semester intake, an admission decision will be made within four weeks from receipt of the required documents. Delays may occur for future semester intakes and during peak admission periods (September to January and May to July). Some documents may take longer to process than others.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us again. Alternatively, you can access a range of information about the University of Auckland online at AskAuckland."

I will try emailing again

OutLoud

Hi there,

Ao I received an offer for Auckland in the first round, but was waitlisted for Otago. I am in the top 5 on the waitlist for Otago with a GPA of 8.0. I would much prefer Dunedin due to the cheaper rent and all the friends I have down there.

I was wondering if the waitlist offers have come out for Auckland or not? Just curious because Im wondering if there are still people to come off the Auckland waiting list who have accepted Otago and would rather Auckland (basically if we can still expect waitlist offers to come out in Otago)?

I would also love to free up a space in Auckland for someone on the waiting list, but ultimately, would make the move if I had to.

Thanks

flooghost7255

BMedSci (Hons), Otago MBChB IV
Hi there,

Ao I received an offer for Auckland in the first round, but was waitlisted for Otago. I am in the top 5 on the waitlist for Otago with a GPA of 8.0. I would much prefer Dunedin due to the cheaper rent and all the friends I have down there.

I was wondering if the waitlist offers have come out for Auckland or not? Just curious because Im wondering if there are still people to come off the Auckland waiting list who have accepted Otago and would rather Auckland (basically if we can still expect waitlist offers to come out in Otago)?

I would also love to free up a space in Auckland for someone on the waiting list, but ultimately, would make the move if I had to.

Thanks
It seems some waitlist offers have gone out, you’ll find it in this thread here:

2017 UoA - MBChB Entry Scores & Offers

Grape

Trainee Intern
Hi,
okay, so I was in the process of appealing one of my grades from a 30 point paper while applications for med were open/offered. The university forgot about my appeal lol so they only came back with a reply this week. My grade was bumped up to A+.
So my Auckland GPA goes from 8.188 to 8.313.

Does this mean I can appeal the decision regarding my application as Auckland used the 'incorrect' final GPA for my degree?

Rob

House Officer
Emeritus Staff
Hi,
okay, so I was in the process of appealing one of my grades from a 30 point paper while applications for med were open/offered. The university forgot about my appeal lol so they only came back with a reply this week. My grade was bumped up to A+.
So my Auckland GPA goes from 8.188 to 8.313.

Does this mean I can appeal the decision regarding my application as Auckland used the 'incorrect' final GPA for my degree?

Certainly not for this year's entry as all the places are filled, but maybe they would let you apply again through grad entry next year with your updated GPA. Best to get in contact with the uni and find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.