Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UoO Graduate Entry Chat/Enquiry

Stuart

Administrator
Emeritus Staff
Hi everyone,

This thread is for people applying for health professional course(s) via the graduate category at Otago University in 2018 (for courses commencing in 2019). You can ask questions, discuss and/or have a friendly banter.

Verdigris

baby doctor
Silliest Member 2019
I'm planning on doing BIOA201 in first semester because I'd rather just do one paper (FORB201) in summer school. Has anyone done ZOOL222 (Evolutionary Biology)? It sounded vaguely related to BIOA so I was tossing up between doing that and ANTH228...

Startersbar

Otago MBChB II
I did FORB201 and BIOA201 and you can definitely have time for both if you work hard.

FORB201 only consumed half the time that BIOA201 did. I only studied the night before for the FORB201 final exam because I thought I was winging it to focus on BIOA201 but then I ended up getting 86% overall, and then 89% for BIOA201 (which I focused a lot more effort on).

flooghost7255

BMedSci (Hons), Otago MBChB IV
Hey MSO, asking for a certain someone, when it comes to grad entry do you still need 70% minimum in all HSFY papers? Or is just passing enough?

acbard9

Auckland MBChB
I would think it might remain the same, but this would depend primarily on how the Medical Admissions Committee divide up the number of places.

Stuart

Administrator
Emeritus Staff
Hi,

Let's hope it stays about the same if not going down. I am sure we can all agree on that. It doesn't seem to change much unless they change some rules/number of places.

http://medstudentsonline.com.au/forum/attachments/ogcwgpa-jpeg.1393/
Stuart posted this great graph on the Grad Entry 2017 thread on page 5 :)

I had been looking for this for so long! Thank you for the reference. I will eventually make a new thread dedicated to graphs and what not so it's easier to refer to in the future.

Stuart

Administrator
Emeritus Staff
Out of curiousity, was there any particular reason for the large increase from 2013 --> 2014?

Hi,

Yes, it's more that it dropped by a large margin when they abruptly introduced the "100-Level" rule. It should have recovered by 2013 but it seems to have lasted until 2014.

notncea9

Hi could somebody who took the three physiology papers pls talk about the structure of the paper and tests and just anything about it like how oxycodone talked about neuroscience papers. That would be very greatly appreciated cheers!!!!

Stuart

Administrator
Emeritus Staff
Hi could somebody who took the three physiology papers pls talk about the structure of the paper and tests and just anything about it like how oxycodone talked about neuroscience papers. That would be very greatly appreciated cheers!!!!

Hi,

There are a few around the Graduate Category sub-forum. Have you checked out any of those? They are a getting a bit old though, I think.