Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Dent 2010...where my people at?

UMAT Veteran

They will probably tell you when the forms are due and stuff at orientation. If you don't go, they'll probably send out e-mails as well.

Just wondering, any idea if you guys have placements for first year? Since they took out 1005DOH I was thinking you don't ... which would suck coz placements was actually pretty cool

I haven't seen anything about placements in my readings of the current course profiles. :(

B

bunghole

what do you mean first aid...are we required to do a first aid course?
you need first aid, blood tests, police/working with children check (bluecard) all before you start in clinic, 2nd sem maybe. they say 1005DOH has been replaced by 1002PES but its probably more likely related to 1111DOH, and this is the subject you will probably need it for, if any. they'll give you some forms to fill out on o day but you need to see a doc for bloods, and do a 1st aid course, i think the uni runs one if not redcross/st johns/qld ambo service shouldn't be too far away. the first aid needs to be updated every 3 years, and CPR needs refreshing every 12 months :wacko:

UMAT Veteran

Hey, i got another question...

I was planning on taking 1014MSC: Cells, Tissues & Regulation, instead of applying for credit for it, but when i gave in my transcript they gave me credit for it anyway.

I had a look at some of the course material today when i went to the bookshop and i really don't remember anything from it's equivalent course at UQ (Biol1040). Just wondering whether it is one of those courses that you don't REALLY need in any future years or whether i should try and get back into it to refresh.

B

bunghole

1014 is basically a prelude to anatomy and physiology 1 & 2 in semester 2.
if you got credit for it you probs might as well forget about it and focus on the other subjects, you can always rock up to the lectures if you want.. on the other hand, if you feel like refreshing your knowledge and doing extra labs/exams, take the subject.

lida24

Hi Guys

What is the best accommodation (close/noise/cost) close to Griffith Med/Dent School?
Hi my boyfriend is doing medicine at griffth ( gold coast) and is in need of a room mate. He lives at arundel, which is about a 10 minute drive to uni. Let me know if you are interested. Rent if fairly cheap.

thehairyfoot

Well, seeing as we are talking about rent on this thread now, (not intending to compete either lida)
But am into first year dent Griffith this year, and have a place 5 min from Gold Coast campus, and need to fill four bedrooms. Anyone interested?

(i am a good roomie, more into playing games than causing trouble :p)

Chemmeh

jsut wondering....

have they released the new student guidebooks yet? on the letter we got after the interivew they said it would come by the first 2 weeks of feb but all i see is the 2009 edition. hmm.....

UMAT Veteran

jsut wondering....

have they released the new student guidebooks yet? on the letter we got after the interivew they said it would come by the first 2 weeks of feb but all i see is the 2009 edition. hmm.....
I don't remember getting that letter, but if they're going to give us anything then they'll probably give it to us on O-week.

thehairyfoot

I didn't hear about this... I was planing on wearing casual shorts... what is wrong with jeans?
The Email only said anything about closed in shoes...

bummy

well in the dress code for gh1 it said that trousers were preferable, but i wasnt sure if that applied to us