Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Dent 2010...where my people at?

bummy

ok. i think i really hope that they arnet very picky

anyways.. has anyone bought their textbooks and lab coats etc yet?

ohh and also, do we have to buy a textbook if its only a " specified text"?

thehairyfoot

I wouldn't recommend buying textbooks until a few weeks in when you will at least know if you really need them or not - trust me, there are a few books that I bought last year that I would rather have just read in the library and kept my hundreds of dollars.
As far as specified text goes, the specified text is the one that they should be writing the bulk of the lectures for, thus the most important one. If you read it you should cover almost all the same material. Recommend extra reading is usually a double up, or for a topic we only cover briefly.
Lab coats are not really a must have item till second week either, they are a good buy though, I have a feeling we'll be using them alot. (I'm just going to be a rebel though and use one with QUT stamped across it)

UMAT Veteran

Hey guys....How did you all find Orientation?

What group were ya's in?

I was in group 4 with the leaders Emily and Tanzee or something like that.

Woot wooot won the best wax diorama thingy as well....free movie ticket woot woot

Last edited:

thehairyfoot

lol, I was in group 1. By far the best orientation I have been to, and went better than I expected.
It's going to be hard to meet other dent students this year I think, apart from the dent lectures once a fortnight, we are going to be mixed in large lectures and across heaps of pracs.

kashish

Hey guys!!
hope u enjoyed orientation day..mine was fun last yr!
2moro nite i think ther is gonna be a meet and greet event at the uni bar..u guys should def attend coz u get to meet the older dent students
and in regards to being mixed up in lectures throughout first yr...its actually really good coz u get to make friends meet ppl from other health related courses

if u guys need help with anythin during ur transition into dent plz private msg me n ill pass on my msn addy ;) take care

UMAT Veteran

lol, I was in group 1. By far the best orientation I have been to, and went better than I expected.
It's going to be hard to meet other dent students this year I think, apart from the dent lectures once a fortnight, we are going to be mixed in large lectures and across heaps of pracs.

Yeah i was feeling the same way....Even in our 1111DOH class we're mixed with the Dent hyg and Techs. And there's no way to know who is doing what really....Its all good to have mates who are studying different things but come assessment time it would be way better to be with other students of the same degree because they can help probably a bit better.

thehairyfoot

Yeah, people in the same course are going to be better in the long run to know, because we have every subject in common, and it is a good thing in the last years. Also good for business when we leave I think (though, knowing other health professionals is also good, just maybe not to the same extent)
I don't understand what that standing ovation thing was about??? explanations?

Also, did any of you get credit?

UMAT Veteran

Yeah, people in the same course are going to be better in the long run to know, because we have every subject in common, and it is a good thing in the last years. Also good for business when we leave I think (though, knowing other health professionals is also good, just maybe not to the same extent)
I don't understand what that standing ovation thing was about??? explanations?

Also, did any of you get credit?

I think th ovations were to just get us standing and loosen us up a bit.

i got credit for heaps of my courses i'm only doing 1008PSY and 2005MSC this Sem and next sem i only have to do the 2 anat and physiol 1016MSC and 1017MSC i think they are.

soooo i take it you applied for credit????? if so, what uni from.

Bluebird

Yeah i was feeling the same way....Even in our 1111DOH class we're mixed with the Dent hyg and Techs.

The first 2 years are with hygeine and tech so it doesnt really matter anyway... you all become close

and tomorrow nights "pizza" meet and greet at the uni bar
omg. MSO people in real life :huh:

embrace now.

^ Bluebird (if that's your real name), I know you in person.

It's going to be awkward next time we see each other .. it's getting too internety.

thehairyfoot

I applied for credit. I am only doing the cell tissue regulation one this semester - so I wont see people :( I was from QUT pharm
Though, I didn't get any credit for second semester, so I suppose that is when I will appear, lol

B

bunghole

so whats everyone up to during their last weekend of freedom? going down to watch the quicky pro? or perhaps a road trip to nimbin? pizza night photos look sweet as!

samba123

so whats everyone up to during their last weekend of freedom? going down to watch the

Bunghole

Where can we see the photos?
Is there a facebook open for our group?