Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Dent and GPA

so i just had my griffith interview and i really liked the university and the people ... but does anyone know of people who actually transfered into dent at griffith and what sort of GPA they needed? my umat's 176 but i feel like my interview and GPA (around 5.4) might let me down ...

anyone know how many tertiary applicants they take??

bigheadache99

Previously, there was no fixed quota. They obtained students by ranking the applicants via UMAT & interview scores with GPA/UAI a tie-breaker than a qualitative selector.

bigheadache99

where did hear that? because i remember reading somewhere that rankings are based on:

50% uai/GPA
25% interview
25% UAT

I know, that's what's printed on "paper".
However, UMAT & interview seem to be a predominant selection criteria.
Particularly, UMAT when selecting the pool for the interview.

Howth

Ah, bighead making wild accusations about Griffith dentistry with zero evidence...

same ol' same ol'...

bigheadache99

how do you know that?
A gut feeling based on the makeup of the 2 cohorts.
The listed breakdown was really just a guideline than a directive.

Ah, bighead making wild accusations about Griffith dentistry with zero evidence...

same ol' same ol'...
Oh you know it's a bit hard to provide "concrete" evidence since interview scores & actual ranking info. are confidential & proprietary to the dent sch.

Wonder what u call charging $92K for a "grad-dip" in Dentistry when it's essentially part of an undergrad degree? I think "shifty s--t" is one of the analogies.

In light of the recent ban on fee-paying places by the Labour Gov, I gotta give the GU Dent Sch due credit for its far sightedness.

Last edited:

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads