Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Dent Cutoffs

hazza92

I havnt actually seen the Dent cutoffs for Griffith anywhere to get an interview
can anyone please tell me the cut offs for both enter and umat for griffith dent?

I know Adelaide requires an enter of 90 and La Trobe 98.8 without an interview / umat

Also what do they look at most... is it enter, or is it umat, or is it interview :O

or are they all looked at equally

Veon

Stop asking this question again and again with new threads.

Get a ~95, get an interview and you've got an okay shot at getting in, provided you dont bomb the interview.

Adelaide is not just 'an enter of 90' (I think the average is 96/97) and La Trobe is not 98.8 (it's a few points lower).

Tonight is the first time i've had KFC in months and my keyboard is so greasy right now.

hazza92

Stop asking this question again and again with new threads.

quote]

You didn't answer the question, and I havn't asked it before. My previous thread asked where I could get in with 95. This time I wanted to know the MINIMUM I needed to get into Griffith (IE - THE CUTOFF)

And I also want to know the UMAT cutoff (IE - THE MINIMUM UMAT) that is needed.

sckimvip

I havnt actually seen the Dent cutoffs for Griffith anywhere to get an interview
can anyone please tell me the cut offs for both enter and umat for griffith dent?

I know Adelaide requires an enter of 90 and La Trobe 98.8 without an interview / umat

Also what do they look at most... is it enter, or is it umat, or is it interview :O

or are they all looked at equally
No they are not equal. AS far as i remeber, your enter score is the primary criteria and umat and interview are your secondary criteria. They said that your enter score weighs 50% and your umat and interview scores weigh 25% each. all the scores are added up and they scale with all other applicants picking top 65(i think they picked 65).

PS: If you bomb your interview, I doubt you can get in though

Veon

What, you think i'm withholding this information just to be a jerk?

If you can't find it after looking properly, that means it's pretty unlikely i'll be able to as well.

If you haven't looked properly, you shouldn't really be asking this question before doing so.

hazza92

What, you think i'm withholding this information just to be a jerk?

If you can't find it after looking properly, that means it's pretty unlikely i'll be able to as well.

If you haven't looked properly, you shouldn't really be asking this question before doing so.
I never said you were withholding it... my point was I havn't been asking this question again and again...

Veon

My post isn't a PM. It's directed at anyone that wants to read it.

If it comes across as being directed specifically at you, I apologise.

Bluebird

Griffith don't actualy publish any cut offs. But general concensus says UAI of ~96 and UMAT minimum ~165.
I got in (full fee paying) on UAI 93, UMAT 168. Good luck

jonneh

Originally Posted by Veon
Tonight is the first time i've had KFC in months and my keyboard is so greasy right now.
wut?
LOL LOL and whats that, oh LOL.

ok i got an interview for griffith too so now the big question(s) is,

what questions do they ask for the interview?
i've been to 3 med interviews in the past but only 1 dent one so i'm kinda worried.

any particular trait they like to focus on? (monash med interview likes to emphasize the important of 'teamwork")

veon:lol::lol:

Bluebird

Hm Im trying to remember my interview. Its very laid back compared to most med/dent interviews, they arent intimidating at all and dont try to trick you. Everyone came out really relieved...
I remember the usual qu's "Why dent?" "Why griffith?" talking about public health sector. And I remember the question "How will you handle inflicting pain on children" threw me. I remember talking about going rural but I can't remember if they brought that up or me? There's a lateral thinking question they begin with; a scenario.
But no, nothing they focus on that I can remember. Try to talk about the preventative side of dent not just the hands on stuff, as well as the research involved and how oral health education is important.
Dont stress out its pretty easy. Good luck!!

jonneh

oh cool..

actually i opted for the phone interview so, would that be much of a problem? as in do you reckon they rate it any lower than a normal face to face one?

hope not lol

Bluebird

I didn't? Well not that I remember...

edit: and I'd go in for the face to face interview if you can. Even if it's not an actual rule that they mark you down for a phone interview, I think some parts of being there in person they tend to mark you on (even if its subconscious). Such as the way you dress, they way you shake their hand, how nervous you seem (apart from your voice) and your general body language. Even though it sounds like these would all get you lower marks, I think being there in person and having to actually shake their hand properly etc etc takes alot more guts than possibly sitting at home in your PJs having your interview. Obviously if its totally impossible for you to get there you'll have to opt for a phone interview but tell them that and apologise for not being able to get there.

jonneh

Phone interviews?? Serious? We get to choose if we want a phone interview?:huh:
perhaps its solely for international applicants?

but yeah on the second page of the form they sent it says you have to choose which mode of interview you would prefer, phone or in person. though i'm not sure how phone thing would work and whether it'll be conducted in my agent's office or something.

i live in singapore so.. haha

AznAssassin

Griffith don't actualy publish any cut offs. But general concensus says UAI of ~96 and UMAT minimum ~165.
I got in (full fee paying) on UAI 93, UMAT 168. Good luck
I am sure it's lower than that. I got an interview with a UMAT score of 164 + expecting UAI of 96 ~ 94. :) Anywayz my interview's 2morrow!!!!

Good luck everyone!!!