Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Dent Cutoffs

Bluebird

Isnt it OP for QLD?

Just thought i'd put this information under this thread as it is very relevant:

My friend got into Griffith dentistry with OP 4, he was in their first EVER year intake. Although, from what i know, these days you should get OP 1,2 or 3.

bigheadache99

My friend got into Griffith dentistry with OP 4, he was in their first EVER year intake. Although, from what i know, these days you should get OP 1,2 or 3.

OP1, 2 or 3?? That's categorically untrue. Reason: More places have opened up thus, allowing a wider range of OPs. The last I heard (2007), OP5-6s was the average.

OP1, 2 or 3?? That's categorically untrue. Reason: More places have opened up thus, allowing a wider range of OPs. The last I heard (2007), OP5-6s was the average.

Not sure what you mean exactly.....But i'm studying at the dental faculty and i've spoken to people that have gotten into dentistry and the dental administrators and dental academics and they have said anything under OP 4 is competitive for dental science.

Oh and they told me in my interview that more places have opened up BUT A LOT more people are applying now as well, compared to previous years, due to growing interest and awareness of griffith university dental school.

bigheadache99

Not sure what you mean exactly.....But i'm studying at the dental faculty and i've spoken to people that have gotten into dentistry and the dental administrators and dental academics and they have said anything under OP 4 is competitive for dental science.

Oh and they told me in my interview that more places have opened up BUT A LOT more people are applying now as well, compared to previous years, due to growing interest and awareness of griffith university dental school.

Exactly, thus, larger number of places = a larger proportion of applicants = larger range of OPs now eligible when previously not. And I have it on good authority b/c I've a few close contacts in the sch before 2008 & the removal of fee places.

No, OP5 was the average. Nevertheless, I can't be too sure abt whether it included fee-payers. Of course, to be safe, the better OP, the likelier of selection. That doesn't mean that those with >OP4 won't get in, in the end.

Seems that GU Dent Sch appeals most to those who can pay more than anything else. $100K price-tag is off-putting, really.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads