Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith dent

bondap

OK, I'm filling out my pref. for QTAC just wondering how people are going to afford to pay $100k for the last 2 years. Are we supposed to take a loan? or something? or is there a FEE-HELP for this?

Thanks (wishing griffith would be normal...)

add

I have applied, but it is my last preference purely becuase it costs so much. If I end up there I will end up taking a loan/borrowing from parents. My understanding is that we can get FEE-HELP but there is a maximum that can be loaned. Not sure exactly how much it is though. Maybe someone here has an idea.

Shizzy

Staff
Administrator
The maximum fee-help limmit:
In 2009, the FEE-HELP limit will be $83,313, unless a person is undertaking a medicine, dentistry or veterinary science course. If they are, the FEE-HELP limit is increased to $104,142.
Full fee for the last two years is ridiculously expensive, but if anyone can afford it it's going to be dentists :p.

add: Wouldn't it be better to do fee help instead of borrowing from your parents? Post-grad courses attract no additional fees/interest using FEE-Help while I imagine your parents would lose a lot of money lending you 100K.

Last edited:

bondap

that's insane! HECS + 100k debt, so 130k-ish total?

btw just looked on the FEE-HELP website

A loan fee of 20% applies to FEE-HELP loans for undergraduate courses of study. The FEE-HELP limit does not include the loan fee. No loan fee applies to FEE-HELP loans for postgraduate courses, bridging courses for overseas-trained professionals, enabling courses or units of study undertaken directly with open universities australia

since its a 'graduate diploma' theres no loan fee, thats smart... might consider it last

add

add: Wouldn't it be better to do fee help instead of borrowing from your parents? Post-grad courses attract no additional fees/interest using FEE-Help while I imagine your parents would lose a lot of money lending you 100K.

Yeah, FEE-HELP would be a better idea. Borrowing from parents was just an idea that probably wouldn't happen anyway. At least it's good to know that there is no interest on the post-grad courses. Now all I have to do is get in.. :)

um im pretty sure the last two years are much less than that i checked the site said something like 20000 each not 100000 where did u get this figure from?

ignore my previous msg i just realised it 48k each yr sorry...

Last edited:

crystalW

OK, I'm filling out my pref. for QTAC just wondering how people are going to afford to pay $100k for the last 2 years. Are we supposed to take a loan? or something? or is there a FEE-HELP for this?

Thanks (wishing griffith would be normal...)

:unsure:Why do you need to pay 100k for the last 2 years? I can't find the information about full fee paying in Griffith Dent's web. Do we also need to pay full fee for Griffith Med ?

Shizzy

Staff
Administrator
:unsure:Why do you need to pay 100k for the last 2 years? I can't find the information about full fee paying in Griffith Dent's web. Do we also need to pay full fee for Griffith Med ?
Griffith med is all hecs i.e. ~8K per year (same as other undergrad courses).

l2009

The 3 years of Oral Health in Dental Science is HECS. Not sure of the exact amount per year, different courses vary

Chezza

so for dent is it first under grad in oral health then a diploma of dentistry? is there any entry restrictions into the diploma category?

add

so for dent is it first under grad in oral health then a diploma of dentistry? is there any entry restrictions into the diploma category?

passing the bachelor of oral health in dental science guarantees entry into graduate diploma of dentistry.

l2009

Hey but isnt the oral health course shortened to 2 years?

No. Where did you hear that from?

hey does anyone know what uai and umat score is required to get in?

Not sure of an exact figure ... but around 97 UAI and 160+ umat raw score. Of course if you had a relatively weak UAI then you'd need to have a higher umat score + good interview.

scoobs

No. Where did you hear that from?

oh, i thought it was like their med science that is accelerated to squish it in 2 years.

Anyways, I was wondering if you could provide me with some insight into dentistry at griffith. How are you coping with the workload? Is it an intense course where you wont have much free time? What would be an ordinary day? I heard that you are actually learning both med and dent in the dent course. Is this true?

Hayden

Getting busier
Emeritus Staff
I heard that you are actually learning both med and dent in the dent course. Is this true?

LOL.... no.... that would not be true....