• MSO wishes all applicants the best of luck in the UCAT!
    Remember, it is important not to post content about specific questions until this season is over (feel free to message a moderator about questions that we can collate later) but we would love to hear about your experiences and results!
    Cheers, Mana
    P.S. you can't dismiss this message

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

GRIFFITH DENTISTRY 2015 offers

VChloe

I can't log in and change my password on GU website...it says "invalid username or password"...does anyone else have the same issue?

Problem solved :)

Last edited:

LLTHPH

I got an offer into Griffith as well, but I'm going to attend La Trobe because it is closer to home for me haha

HotIce

CONGRATS EVERYONE :)

have you guys managed to enroll in classes yet? I did that as soon as I got the offer as I've heard from upper years students that classes fill up quickly and good time slots usually gone.

Somehow I managed to create a timetable of only 3 and a half days of uni..so stoked..a long weekend every week :p

I encourage you guys to enroll ASAP

Ahma96

Congrats everyone, I got an offer too! Non-standard, GPA 7. See you all around! Also, for those of you who may have partially completed a degree prior to Dentistry, has your enrolment program updated to Dent automatically or does it take a while? Because mine is still showing classes related to Pharmacy, and despite dropping those courses I am still unable to enrol into the Dent courses. :S

dentlyf

fb page

Hey guys! Congratulations and welcome to griffith dentistry! For everyone's convenience an exclusive first year dent group has been made on facebook by your very friendly student organisation GUDSA-Griffith University Dental Students Association! - Please join it and make the most of this page http://www.facebook.com/groups/1423525761272493/.

Yours toothily
GUDSA

Ahma96

Hi guys,

Could anyone who is currently studying first or second year Dentistry at Griffith please help me with this dilemma? :)

As I was able to apply for credit for many first years subjects (from studying Pharmacy last year), my only first year courses are DOH-related like Oral Biology 1 etc. I would still like to do 4 subjects/semester, and was wondering, is it possible to do Microbiology for Oral Health and Biochemistry (second year courses) in first year of Dentistry, and do you think it would be manageable?

Dent97

Hey guys just wondering what my chances of getting into Dentistry at Griffith are. I didn't make it straight into Dent as i didn't get a high enough OP. So now I'm doing Health Science at Griffith and hoping to bring my GPA to at least a 6.75. What are the chances of me getting into Dentistry after only completing one year of Health Science with a really good GPA. Will one year of Health Science and a GPA of 6.75-7 be enough?

Time

Definitely do-able and manage-able. The curriculum changed last year 2014, to allow students like yourself to enrol in 2nd year papers. Biochem and Microbiology in 1st semester and Pharmacology and pathology in 2nd semester.

Spundy

A bit late to the party, but chalk me up! Just got my offer through UAC. Yewww!

Hope to see everyone shortly!

Last edited:

Spundy

WOOO just got an offer through UAC, anybody get the acceptance email yet?
Not from Griffith yet, however UAC's Facebook page said that an offer letter will be available through Check and Change from 7:30am tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lurker123

hey guys, congrats all who received offers! :)
I am planning to apply this year and I want to know how much work experience did you guys do for your dentistry application? or is work experience not that important? also what type of work experience did you guys do? and where did you do work experience, in hospitals or clinics?

Thanks alot guys!! and congrats again! (yy)