Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

GRIFFITH DENTISTRY 2015 offers

hey guys, congrats all who received offers! :)
I am planning to apply this year and I want to know how much work experience did you guys do for your dentistry application? or is work experience not that important? also what type of work experience did you guys do? and where did you do work experience, in hospitals or clinics?

Thanks alot guys!! and congrats again! (yy)

Griffith dentistry only looks at GPA. Cut-off is around 6.75 and no experience needed.

myDent

Lurker
Hey fellow dentistry friends, big congratulations to those who beat tough competition and got in to dentistry!
I am from NSW who got an offer from UAC and I am excited to meet all of you soon! I managed to get a furnished 2 bedroom apartment at Sphere apartments and am willing to share it with one of you first-year dental students, preferrably male, who are still looking for accommodation. Sphere is about a 15 minute walk to the university, has great facilities, nearby shops and is a perfect location for those who want a relatively peaceful atmosphere ( like myself :) ). Feel free to pm me.

cc101

I am from wa doing year 12. Does Griffith takes school leavers. If yes, how much minimum ATAR required. I am not able to get much information. Do they require work experience / umat / interview etc?

eddterrange

I am from wa doing year 12. Does Griffith takes school leavers. If yes, how much minimum ATAR required. I am not able to get much information. Do they require work experience / umat / interview etc?

Yes, Griffith takes school leavers, they do not require UMAT/Interview, they only use your ATAR to make offers. I once phoned them and ask about their ATAR cutoff, the lady told me it was about 99.35 (for dentistry) for 1st round offers (If I remembered correctly), and I'm pretty sure I've seen that 99.35 cutoff once on UAC ATAR cutoff list.

eddterrange

cc101

I called Griffith uni today and a very kind lady said that last year cut off was 99.6. That seems to be on a higher side though.

eddterrange

I called Griffith uni today and a very kind lady said that last year cut off was 99.6. That seems to be on a higher side though.

I forgot to mention that 99.35 was probably the cutoff 2 years ago. Nevertheless, you need to work hard to achieve that ATAR.