Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Dentistry Apparent Rejection

douseewhatisee

No one actually knows. Neither QTAC nor any other state tertiary institution will give you the conversion table. But at least they have told you where you stand with your GPA and hence a 6.29 would be equal to a 98 rank in QLD which is just below what was required (99 rank).

Depending on how many rejections there are you may get a second round offer with a 98 rank.

Nox

Frankly the whole admission process for converting gpas is a a joke. Stop screwing around like idiots with contact so and so for information and post the damned thing on your website. You got one so use it well. Allow us to make informed decisions with full and easy disclosure of the conversion system.

On the subject of how they calculate GPAs this is what I got from dealing with, pay attention, University of Queensland on how QTAC converts NZ GPA to the 7 point scale.

Again just to make sure you got it. This is from UQ commenting on QTAC conversions. I imagine Griffith uses the same system as they go through QTAC. To be safe contact them.

The email:
I have obtained the tertiary study documentation that you
supplied to QTAC and have reviewed the GPA calculation for your
studies in the Bachelor of Science at The University of Auckland
(2009-2010). I can confirm that the GPA of 6.47 is correct, as
assessed by QTAC. No error has been made on your application.
Your self-assessment of your GPA is therefore incorrect.

The Admissions Rules of the University are publically available
online via the following link:
http://www.uq.edu.au/student/GeneralRules2011/2011AdmissionRules.
htm. The specific rules relating to students with at least one
full year of tertiary study are detailed in Schedule 2 of these
rules.

UQ Admissions also publishes detailed information relating to
the assessment of tertiary study in the publication ‘Entry
Options’ (available via the following link:
http://www.uq.edu.au/study/docs/domestic/entry-options.pdf).
Page 8 of Entry Options provides details on how GPAs are
calculated. Entry Options directs applicants whose results are
not reported on a numerical scale to contact UQ Admissions for
advice.

Following is some information regarding the assessment of your
GPA. Please note that this is for information purposes only:
it does not change the outcome of your application. QTAC
converts University of Auckland grades (which are expressed as
letter grades) into the 7 point grading scale (were 4 is a pass
and 7 is the top grade). The overall GPA is calculated and then
is translated into an entry rank using Schedule 2 of the
Admissions rules. The formula for the GPA calculation is:

GPA = S(GU)
_____
S(U)

or, in lay terms:

Sum of (the grade result in each course multipled by its unit
value)

divided by/

The sum of the unit vale of each course

The grade translation from University of Auckland to the 7 point
grading scale:
A+, A = 7
A- = 6.5
B+ = 6
B = 5
B-,C+ = 4.5
C= 4
C-, D+ = 3
D = 2
D-= 1
E = 0

I hope this information is of assistance to you.

Regards,

The links are as provided. Again, not impressed by the fact that one of them leads to a dead end.

bobby190

Hey nox thanks for that, I dont think thats how Griffiths does it though because my GPA would be 6.7 (not "6.29"). But however if A-=6 and A=6.5 and A+=7 then my gpa would be exactly 6.3! so Im guessing how thats how griffiths calculates it.
Would anyone which method they use to calculate OP or ATAR from GPA?

douseewhatisee

Good luck second round is just around the corner stay strong and you might just get a place :) as I am sure the required GPA/rank will fall quite significantly.

drizzy

"Bachelor of Oral Health in Dental Science - full time at Griffith University, Gold Coast campus"

I was just offered this course, and I'm pondering whether this course will lead me into becoming a dentist, or, an oral hygienist. Sorry, so confused!

KIWIpride

"Bachelor of Oral Health in Dental Science - full time at Griffith University, Gold Coast campus"

I was just offered this course, and I'm pondering whether this course will lead me into becoming a dentist, or, an oral hygienist. Sorry, so confused!
That degree itself will lead you to nowhere, unless you complete Grad Dip Dent as well in which case, you become a dentist.

allofthelights

I got a second round offer!

It's all too sudden, I have no idea when I should be up GC by, and where I should be staying for accommodation.

Can someone keen lend me a hand?

Thanks.

allofthelights

How do I go about enrolling into this course?

It says, "You will be emailed a link to your "Welcome to Griffith" page that provides you with links to the online enrolment service. For assistance, contact 1800 154 055.", however I have received no email. The hotline opens at 8:30AM, and I'm scared I haven't been offered a position formally. The waaaaaaait is killing me.

KIWIpride

I got a second round offer!

It's all too sudden, I have no idea when I should be up GC by, and where I should be staying for accommodation.

Can someone keen lend me a hand?

Thanks.
21/02/11 - 26/02/11 is O week. You should arrive in GC sometime during O week to get your ID and accommodation and what have you, all sorted out. Lectures start on the following monday after o week.

For accommodation you can choose to go residential Hall (google= Griffith Uni Village, Uni Village, Metro on central...etc) or shared rent in flat with someone you know/don't know. e.g. with Dousee. You can also rent an apartment room, there are literally hundreds of apartments in gc. eg. southport central towers.

KIWIpride

How do I go about enrolling into this course?

It says, "You will be emailed a link to your "Welcome to Griffith" page that provides you with links to the online enrolment service. For assistance, contact 1800 154 055.", however I have received no email. The hotline opens at 8:30AM, and I'm scared I haven't been offered a position formally. The waaaaaaait is killing me.
http://www17.griffith.edu.au/cis/p_cat/require.asp?ProgCode=1259&Type=structure - Here is the link for all the papers you need to enrol into. Log into Griffith Portal and enrol yourself into an available stream for all the papers. Thats all you need to do. And then pay the fees by the census date, which i think is until end of march.

If you received your offer notification from QTAC then you have been offered a position formally.

mynameistoolong

Does anyone know the cutoff for 2nd round offers? 2 of my friends got offers with atars of 97 + EAS, one of them telling me it added up to 99, though my other friend with mid 98 and EAS didn't get one. I also didn't get one but had an atar of 99.50 but no EAS. I put it as my first preference for the second round, applied through both UAC and QTAC. Hoping on QTAC.