Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Dentistry Apparent Rejection

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Are they allowed to choose applicants based on preferences though? Because I recall the QTAC site saying it shouldn't make a difference. If the Uni's are allowed to choose based on preferences there should be a disclaimer of some sort at least.

Preferences on QTAC do no affect your chances of being offered a place.

KIWIpride

Are they allowed to choose applicants based on preferences though? Because I recall the QTAC site saying it shouldn't make a difference. If the Uni's are allowed to choose based on preferences there should be a disclaimer of some sort at least.

Selection into the Dental Science program is based on pre-requisites being met and your academic qualification which will be ranked. A sliding scale and preferences will be used to offer places in Dentistry.

Source: http://www.griffith.edu.au/__data/a...ic-prospective-Dental-students-Octoberrev.pdf

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
I meant other universities don't look at preferences. But GU surprisingly do. I forgot this was a GU thread.
If you want to be considered for GU Dent, it MUST be your first preference.

Wow, if I knew that I would have put GU a bit higher, but I'm more than sure UAC/QTAC said that preferences do not affect the chance of getting the course, how can they say this if there are exceptions without notifying us?

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Illmatic called GU and they told him for dent, you will only be considered if its your first preference. I know/ am certain that there is no other uni in Queensland that does this.

yanyan

Illmatic called GU and they told him for dent, you will only be considered if its your first preference. I know/ am certain that there is no other uni in Queensland that does this.

this seems really unfair, especially if you were aiming to get into griffith med and had dent as your second preference. a formal disclaimer of some sort would have been helpful, prior to ordering preferences. not very professional by griffith uni, on the basis that they should do everything through QTAC.

Sinlam

There will be no second round offer for Griffith Dent!!

I called them this AM and the student admission center told me that there will be no second round offer for dentistry this year.

The cut off for Dentistry is ATAR 99.5/ GPA 6.5

really upset now....

I called them this AM and the student admission center told me that there will be no second round offer for dentistry this year.

The cut off for Dentistry is ATAR 99.5/ GPA 6.5

really upset now....

uh i called up like 1minute ago and the lady told me there are definetly second round offers this year? why are griffith telling people different information lol???

Sinlam

uh i called up like 1minute ago and the lady told me there are definetly second round offers this year? why are griffith telling people different information lol???

what's wrong with them, i called them this morning and asked for second round information. They told me that the offer is completely full and there will be no second round!!!!
I was shattered cos my GPA only 6.4 and they are looking for 6.5+

what's wrong with them, i called them this morning and asked for second round information. They told me that the offer is completely full and there will be no second round!!!!
I was shattered cos my GPA only 6.4 and they are looking for 6.5+

hey sinlam I know people personally who have rejected the offers so its impossible for ALL the seats to have been filled

lol this is so funny I called up griffith again, and they told me that there is not going to be a second round, so I told her that I called a while ago and they said there was going to be one, then she said hold for 5mins came back and said "ill send you an email" without even knowing who I was ... huh?

douseewhatisee

I really feel for you guys! I don't think they over offered so I would say that there will be second round offers.

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Uni's wont know if a second round will be needed until next week, since QTAC offer acceptances are due tomorrow. So they can't give an answer until they find out if any rejected.

Cide

lol this is so funny I called up griffith again, and they told me that there is not going to be a second round, so I told her that I called a while ago and they said there was going to be one, then she said hold for 5mins came back and said "ill send you an email" without even knowing who I was ... huh?

What the....? Maybe you have rung enough so that they know who you are know, thats a good thing! Keep pestering them :).

KIWIpride

Gosh, this is getting utterly unacceptable. Not only is Griffith messing up with people's applications but now they are telling false information.

Everyone,

Griffith Dent will have second round offers (and many more offer rounds if need be), because offer rejections will happen and have happened already!
"over - offering" is just not possible.

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Every uni has second round offers in my opinion. I haven't heard of any that doesn't. There will always be at least one rejection.

Kizz

Hey guys, I got offered a Griffith Dentistry offer but I won't be taking it due to the cost involved - that's one extra place for you guys. So there definitely will be second round offers. :)

By the way, does QTAC release your rank for a particular preference if you call them?