Discussion in 'Griffith University' started by dent_1011, Jun 20, 2018.
hating myself for not having applied through UAC, these next 5 days are gonna be torture haha
I am not a rural applicant!
And no SC so I think u should get an offer on the 16th or maybe even on the 15th throughout the day so good luck!!
Alright, thank you! And congrats on your offer!
Hey guys, firstly congrats to everyone who've recieved their offer!!
I have three questions:
1. As a domestic student, will the entire five years be commonwealth supported?
2. Is this dental degree recognized overseas?
3. If I apply for credit, would they show the name of the subject credited or its equivalent (based on the name they have for it) and will they show the mark I received for it or just say 'credited'?
1. For Griffith, the first 3 years are commonwealth supported which is roughly 9k per year - the final two are masters which is around 120k
2. Yes, recognised in Canada and NZ to be specific, not sure about the states etc but I would assume so.
3. They usually do show the name of the subject if it is from the same uni otherwise they just say credited points from university X - something along those lines - they won't show the mark you received
Does that mean that we have to provide that amount outright? Or is it possible to grab a loan from the bank?
It may be a silly question and im sorry for that, but I realllly dont know!
You can put it on FEE-HELP - dental students have an upper limit of 150k so none of it will need to come out of your own pocket. (Obviously you'll need to pay it back once you start working, though!)
If you’re an Australian citizen. Permenant residants/NZers have to pay upfront. Australian dental degrees aren’t recognised in the US but are in NZ/Canada and I think they can be converted to work in the UK.
Good luck for offers tomorrow via qtac!
If you guys receive an offer, could you pretty please also post your GPA/ATAR so that we can keep tabs of entry requirement for future years? My fingers are crossed for you all - good luck!
Edited by LMG to add link to thread for posting offer details (please post there, not here, so I only have to look in one spot for offers): Med and Dent - 2019 Entry (Offers and Discussion)
Thanks yamster!! i thought offers dont come out till 16th?
Oops. I’m a day ahead. I thought today was Tuesday, my bad haha.
though i was lucky enough to just get an offer from UWA today (someone dropped out last minute) so no more worrying finally haha, feels surreal
UWA DMD? Congratulations!
By the way, Yamster , what time did your offer come out when you got yours? Unlike UAC, QTAC doesn't seem to have an official time of release. I also checked out The 2018(last year's one) Offers Thread and only the date is listed and not the time of each individual post so couldn't tell from that either.
Also, is like UAC in that an e-mail is sent before it's on the website? Thanks
When I called QTAC a few days ago, the guy said it would come out at 8:30 am.
Getting really nervous. Is anyone else applying with a 6.875?
Hey hyperbole, I just watch these dentistry sections for later years so may not have received an offer at all from GU! Haha but yeah, QTAC offers come out st 8:30am.
I'm applying with the same GPA. Feeling nervous as well haha. We should be fine though. Fingers crossed!
Don't be nervous I applied with the same GPA and I got my offer on the 12th.
I do understand what you are going through!
As I was more nervous than you!
I am certain you will get an offer and when you do, look back on this comment and thank me .
Separate names with a comma.