Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Griffith Dentistry: Admissions General Discussion

Jaddo

Hey guys, firstly congrats to everyone who've recieved their offer!!

I have three questions:

1. As a domestic student, will the entire five years be commonwealth supported?

2. Is this dental degree recognized overseas?

3. If I apply for credit, would they show the name of the subject credited or its equivalent (based on the name they have for it) and will they show the mark I received for it or just say 'credited'?

Dentine

Hey Jaddo

1. For Griffith, the first 3 years are commonwealth supported which is roughly 9k per year - the final two are masters which is around 120k

2. Yes, recognised in Canada and NZ to be specific, not sure about the states etc but I would assume so.

3. They usually do show the name of the subject if it is from the same uni otherwise they just say credited points from university X - something along those lines - they won't show the mark you received

Jaddo

1. For Griffith, the first 3 years are commonwealth supported which is roughly 9k per year - the final two are masters which is around 120k

Does that mean that we have to provide that amount outright? Or is it possible to grab a loan from the bank?
It may be a silly question and im sorry for that, but I realllly dont know!

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
Does that mean that we have to provide that amount outright? Or is it possible to grab a loan from the bank?
It may be a silly question and im sorry for that, but I realllly dont know!

If you’re an Australian citizen. Permenant residants/NZers have to pay upfront. Australian dental degrees aren’t recognised in the US but are in NZ/Canada and I think they can be converted to work in the UK.

Hello,
If I receive credit transfer for my first year of Bachelor of Dental Health Science at GU, will that decrease my tuition cost as an international student?

Thanks in advance!

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
Hey fam,

Good luck for offers tomorrow via qtac!

If you guys receive an offer, could you pretty please also post your GPA/ATAR so that we can keep tabs of entry requirement for future years? My fingers are crossed for you all - good luck! :)

Edited by LMG to add link to thread for posting offer details (please post there, not here, so I only have to look in one spot for offers): Med and Dent - 2019 Entry (Offers and Discussion)

Last edited by a moderator:

sal123

Hey fam,

Good luck for offers tomorrow via qtac!

If you guys receive an offer, could you pretty please also post your GPA/ATAR so that we can keep tabs of entry requirement for future years? My fingers are crossed for you all - good luck! :)
Thanks yamster!! i thought offers dont come out till 16th?

hyperbole

UWA DMD? Congratulations!

By the way, Yamster , what time did your offer come out when you got yours? Unlike UAC, QTAC doesn't seem to have an official time of release. I also checked out The 2018(last year's one) Offers Thread and only the date is listed and not the time of each individual post so couldn't tell from that either.
Also, is like UAC in that an e-mail is sent before it's on the website? Thanks

UWA DMD? Congratulations!

By the way, Yamster , what time did your offer come out when you got yours? Unlike UAC, QTAC doesn't seem to have an official time of release. I also checked out The 2018(last year's one) Offers Thread and only the date is listed and not the time of each individual post so couldn't tell from that either.
Also, is like UAC in that an e-mail is sent before it's on the website? Thanks

When I called QTAC a few days ago, the guy said it would come out at 8:30 am.

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
Hey hyperbole, I just watch these dentistry sections for later years so may not have received an offer at all from GU! Haha but yeah, QTAC offers come out st 8:30am.

Getting really nervous. Is anyone else applying with a 6.875?
Hey lad
Don't be nervous I applied with the same GPA and I got my offer on the 12th.
I do understand what you are going through!
As I was more nervous than you!
I am certain you will get an offer and when you do, look back on this comment and thank me ;).