Griffith Griffith Dentistry: General Discussion

A1

Admissions Speculator
does anyone know how they are ranking people for final offers? Is it solely on interview performance?
It's 40% ATAR/GPA, 20% UCAT, 40% Interview
> Dental Health Science New Entry Requirements

"Minimum thresholds for each component must be met. Admission rank will be calculated on a combination of:
  • 20% UCAT ANZ score
  • 40% MMI score
  • 40% Academic results (GPA/ATAR)
The three weighted components are combined, and candidates are ranked on their overall score. Offers will then be made from the highest to the lowest."

kt232

Lurker
That information doesn't seem to be known yet but the lowest reported offer was the 76th percentile[General Category] however it was an annotated score. It could be lower/higher as only a limited number of offers have been reported
hey! where did you get this info about the lowest reported offer? And what's an annotated score?

Gofigure

Interview offers for Griffith dentistry is ranked solely on UCAT. However, I think people who has it as first/second preference on their QTAC will get an earlier interview offer.
Where did you get this information? I haven't received an offer yet despite scoring in the 97th percentile but, it was my final preference on my qtac application.

LJess94

GU Dent made 111 offers in 2019. Have they decreased this number and where did you find this information?
I was speaking to my sons dentist who tutors at Griffith and she said it’s 80 this year due to needing to catch up on placements in other years due to COVID.

I got an interview with a 92nd percentile and it was my 2nd preference

Where did you get this information? I haven't received an offer yet despite scoring in the 97th percentile but, it was my final preference on my qtac application.
I think you may want to contact Griffith. I got an interview offer despite scoring a 79th percentile and placing it in my 3rd preference.

kkkk

That's bull, it was my 6th preference and I still got an interview.
lmao same

Based on the range of percentiles that got an interview or didn't get one, I feel like they weighted different sections of the UCAT for their selection criteria. Maybe they considered STJ more or something?

A1

Admissions Speculator
I haven't received an offer yet despite scoring in the 97th percentile
Griffith Dent does say "Minimum thresholds for each component must be met". Usually this means the whole component ATAR or UCAT or Interview, could Griffith have imposed a section minimum as well ! Is there a particular low section score out of your 97%ile?

elim1

Lurker
GU Dent made 111 offers in 2019. Have they decreased this number and where did you find this information?
Griffith took too many students this year ~160 so they offered an incentive to students to defer and as a result, 20 students deferred meaning for next year 20 spots have already been taken.